40. End or beginning?

"Hey, Sara. Where is Cass?" Jack asked, looking around.
I turned to him.
"He's dead. He... he made... he..." I stuttered, but I
couldn't manage to form a sentence.
"He made a deal and had to redeem it," Dean finished slowly.
We got in the car and drove away. We would never see the bunker again. And we would never see Cass again. Jack and Dean helped Eileen and Sam to unpack their stuff, while I waited in the Impala.

"I think the lover was the perpetrator. He was jealous and killed her husband."
Cass frowned. "I think it was his sister. She wanted to get the heritage."
We continued watching. "Wow, I never thought that the lover and the sister planned the murder. We are a very good team."
He smiled. "Yes, we really are."

Cass always loved to watch criminal series.
Suddenly, the four of them came back. I gave Sam and Eileen a long hug.
"Call me as often as possible, okay? And visit us."
They smiled and nodded.

***
We only had to drive 10 more minutes until we were at our new home. We unpacked our stuff as my gaze fell on a photo, showing me and Cass.

"Come on Cass. I don't have any photo of us."
"I don't like photos."
I laughed. "Please, just this one, okay?"
He sighed and looked in the camera. I put his arm around him and smiled, while pressing the shutter release button.

We ordered pizza this evening, but I wasn't hungry. I took a small bite and wanted to clean up my plate, when Dean interrupted me. "Hey, you should eat more."
I shook my head. "I'm not hungry."
He walked over to me and gave me a kiss on the forehead.
"You need to eat, Sweetie. Please."
But I didn't. Instead, I just stared down at the pizza.
"He got me pizza once."

"I ordered pizza. You said you love it."
I threw Cass a big grin. "Oh my god, that's so cute. Thanks." I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and went
to the kitchen, to get a plate.

Dean sighed and took something out of the refrigerator.
It was pie. "But then eat this, at least."
I smiled shortly and started to eat a bit. It was hard, though. Dean grabbed himself another beer. That was
already his fourth today. He shouldn't drink that much, but I understand why he did. Cass had also been his best friend.
I walked into my room and put on my headphones. Musik always calmed me down especially if it was Taylor Swift. An hour later, Dean came in.
"Hey, what are you hearing?" I handed him one headphone. "Wow, that's kinda depressing."
"I know, but it makes me happy." He smiled.
"That's good. I really want you to be happy."
I thought it was good of Dean not to keep referring Cass. It wouldn't help at all.
I nodded and stood up to get my cell phone, but I couldn't find it. So, I searched in all the boxes until I finally found it. Then my gaze fell on a little, purple object. It was the necklace Cass gave to me at our first meeting. It was taken from me when I was in coma. I took it out and put it on my neck. All of a sudden, it started to glow. I startled and quickly took it off again. I felt completely different now. It was almost as if I had my powers again.
I shook my head and went back to the kitchen. That couldn't be.

***
The doorbell rang. I quickly opened and froze.
"Hello Sara," Castiel said with a smile.
I didn't know what to say. Dean and Jack joined me and were also totally shocked.
"Cass. Is that really you?" Dean stammered.
"Yes, it is." My eyes became wide.
"The necklace has given you back your powers. And since you and Jack wanted me to be back, it kind of worked. Probably your powers have combined. Billie vanished into thin air right before my eyes."
I smiled and hugged him tightly.
"We missed you so much."