Chapter 2: Alan Bloomgate

MC POV

Thomas and Dan were long gone , it wouldn't be good for him seeing Hannah with Jake.

Hannah smiled looking at him while Jake put his hand on her shoulder. Why was I feeling jealous? She was his sister, but she didn't know and she had a huge crush on him.

"Miss MC." Someone called my name from behind. I turned my head to face a young man.

"My name is Alan Bloomgate, chief of police in Duskwood. We have spoken through text messages." He extended his hand.

I stared at Jessy with wide eyes. My knees were trembling, my hands as well.

I leaned and whispered near Jessy's ear: "Go tell them to hide ."

I was afraid Alan would recognize Jake.

"Yes that's me. Nice to meet you. " I forced a smile extending my hand.

He shook it lightly not letting go of my hand.

"You are brave ." Alan smirked then continued , helding my hand. "We exchanged some glances earlier , I was present at the funeral as well."

"My hand." I motioned for him to let go of my hand.

"Oh sorry." He lowered his eyes , I think he blushed . Then he changed his expression to a serious one and looked me in the eye.

"You promised you would talk to me about what happened." Alan was trying to catch any insecurity.

"You mean about the coffee invitation?" I raised my brow .

"Well would you mind if we drink it at the police station? " He asked in his role as a police man.

" Do you have only coffee there? I don't drink caffeine, do you at least have water? "

" I'll make sure of that."

It started raining heavily now, the rain poured down like someone threw buckets of water.

" Water! " I giggled opening my palms to feel rain drops and raised my head with my eyes closed.

I loved rain.

"You'll get sick! Come on , my car is close!" Alan yelled to be heard in the noise of the rain as he pulled me by my arm towards his car.

He opened the door for me , then he took the driver's seat.

" Where are you staying? I will take you there to change your clothes first then you can come with me to the police station."

I noded , I left Jessy there , but it was better this way, to keep Alan away from Jake.

..............

"I'll wait for you here." Alan told me as soon as we stopped in front of Jessy's house.

"What about you? Your clothes are wet as well." I asked him before getting out of the car.

"I will change my clothes in the office."

"Oh, ok." I rushed to the stairs . I changed my clothes as fast as I could and used my towel on my hair , I didn't use the hair dryer since he was waiting for me.