Chapter 3: Green makes one look like a fairy

MC POV

Alan handed me the bottle of water. With trembling hands I took a sip. Then continued.

"Blood came out of his mouth, and he laid there, the camera was still open, I cried , I yelled he wasn't moving. Then the phone turned off. I called again , nothing. I haven't told you something. "

" You haven't told me many things, but continue. " Alan interrupted me.

" I started getting threatening calls from someone, then videos , he had a mask on like the Legend of the men without a face. "

" Why didn't you mention that before? "

" I didn't live i Duskwood, to who? I was afraid he would hurt Hannah. But what was strange was that when Richy was hit, no one came in front of the camera, it wouldn't be the first time he appeared in front of me with a mask on. I thought about it for a long time, I never doubted Richy. " I sighed.

"Then that night he wrote to me like the man without a face, to come to Duskwood to meet him to the place I sent you to check out. I couldn't put myself at risk and I thought Hannah would be there. And she was , you found her. " Alan nodded.

"Then Richy called , confessed he was the one and apologized. He didn't tell me the reason , he was afraid, he was desperate. I wish I had come earlier in Duskwood. If I knew it was him , I would have gone to meet him and stop him from doing ... What he did. " I couldn't control my tears.

Alan waited for me to calm down a bit then he asked again.

" You haven't mentioned yet Jake. Why are you protecting him? "

" I don't know what you are talking about. I don't know any Jake. I told you that was something Lilly made up because she thought I was the one who kidnapped her sister. You don't know how many hate messages got from people that I don't know because of that video. "

" Ok. I don't believe that you don't know him and I won't give up until I find the truth. " Alan pointed his finger towards me.

"When you point that finger to me you forget that the other three fingers are pointed towards you mister Bloomgate. Instead of trying to find Hannah and Richy you were so obsessed after that guy, Jake. If you did your job as it should Richy would be alive, and I wouldn't be forced to become a detective on my own . If you excuse me, I think we are done here. " I got up and left his office.

......................

As soon as I entered Jessy's home, she had given me a pair of keys ,she had taken out most of her clothes.

" What happened here? " I knotted my eyebrows.

" I'm choosing what to wear for tonight. What happened there ? You came late . " She turned her full attention to me.

" I told him the truth about Richy, leaving out his motives, Jake , Michael Hanson and Hannah. I didn't tell him about the accident with Jennifer Hanson like we all agreed. "

" I'm sorry . I feel like we left all the burden to you. " Jessy hugged me.

"Okay, let's skip the drama what are you gonna wear?" I forced a smile. I wanted to forget what happened, I wanted to have fun that night.