Chapter 5: How does a hacker introduce himself to a pretty girl

Jake POV

Hannah was kidnapped right in front of my eyes. There was nothing I could do from the other side of the phone.  To find her, I did what I knew to do best, I hacked into her friends phones.

A message came to one of her friends, who later I found out he was her boyfriend. It came from Hannah's phone, it was my phone number. I deleted it immediately from Thomas phone, no one should have information about me. I'm wanted by the government.

But Thomas memorized the phone number , fortunately he remembered wrong  one of the numbers and he wrote to someone else. 

At first I thought maybe that was good, while they kept trying to understand why Hannah sent them that girl's number, I would have the possibility to work on finding evidence that would lead me to Hannah.

Like I did with everyone else I hacked that girl's phone as well.  For a lonely man like me , that girl's eyes haunted me and I decided to involve her into my world of crime.

I stared at her pictures like she was a piece of art and watched her videos again and again.  How is it possible to fall for a photo? How is it possible to fall for a sweet smile and angelic voice? I had to keep my distance , I would use that girl to help me find Hannah faster, then I would get rid of that odd obsession of mine with her.

How does a hacker introduce himself to a pretty girl? I started by giving her the possibility to read the others private conversations.  And she called me a hacker.

That's how I call myself a hacker from that day on.

My obsession with her became stronger, deeper. I could only dream of her. I could only wish I touched her, I met her, I hugged her. Like a mad man I hoped I kissed her. 

After Hannah was saved, I decided to distance myself from her. It was so hard resisting not to write her back.  But she didn't belong to my world, she deserved freedom, not being in the run for the rest of her life.

But I kept hacking her phone, and when I found out she would come to Duskwood, I couldn't stop her.
.........

I waited for her when the plane landed, I saw her for the first time in person at the airport.
My heart was beating fast and my breath got caught in my lungs. My hands were trembling and my knees went weak.  I couldn't keep my eyes off her. 

I felt the need to run towards her and hug her tightly. I fought with myself like I did every moment, to keep myself away from her.

Instead I stalked her and Jessica when they went to Jessica's home. I watched her when she met her friends and saw when they buried the empty coffin of Richy. 

She looked so fragile, crying there like a hurt bird whose wings were cut down by hope. I was well hidden until Hannah recognized me and came towards me, Lilly following her behind.

She was so happy to see me, and I was happy too because she was safe and sound. I didn't know what to say to her , I didn't know if Lilly had told her that I was her half brother.

She stared at me with admiration and a huge smile on her face, the kind of look that made me stop my communication with her before when  she started seeing me with another eye. I don't blame her, she didn't know I was her brother.

When I wanted to tell her that we were siblings, I was interrupted by Jessica who came towards us running.

"Alan Bloomgate is here, hide." She said in a breath.

I hid behind one of the trees and the girls kept staying together like they were talking.

I could feel the three of them eyes on me. But I kept staring at MC and Alan Bloomgate.  I didn't like the fact he kept her hand so long in his hand. How he was looking at her, it made me furious.