Chapter One, The Ancient Gift

It soon became apparent mere hours after Aquila was born that she was incredibly special; she was a wielder of Ancient Magic. Hours after she had been born James, Dorcas, Dorea, and Lucretia (the Healers in the family, along with Cassiopeia who had a Mastery in every field of magic) had come to check over James (after the caesarean birth and to check on Aquila, as she was so tiny) when they received a shock; Aquila's molten silver eyes - that every Black member held - turned a luminescent blueish-white colour as an orb of the same colour appeared in her tiny hands: the colour of Ancient Magic. Such magic hasn't been seen in the British Wizarding community since Phineas Nigellus Black was Headmaster of Hogwarts.

Before they could even comprehend what was happening, her eyes turned back to normal, and she levitated her plush black dog toy towards her with her normal magic that Sirius had left on the dresser on the other side of the room.
"Did she just -?" James muttered, stunned, hazel eyes large behind his high-end oval glasses.
"She did." Dorcas confirmed absent minded, she was just as stunned as her best friend over what she had just witnessed. "I haven't heard of anyone using Ancient Magic before, at least not for an age."

"My Grandfather Sirius's younger sister, Aquila I, could use this type of Ancient Magic along with her own." Lucretia revealed. "She was incredibly powerful so it was kept between the family until she reached Hogwarts, that's when Ranrok, Harlow and Rookwood started hunting her." James got up (despite their protests) and clutched his baby girl close to his chest at that. "Due to the two types of magic coursing through her veins she started in her fifth year and was homeschooled with tutors. She started late so it would give her time to gain better control over both her magics essentially. She had magic literally embedded in every cell of her being, not just within her core."
"That's... so you think that's what will happen to my baby?" James asked, scared, staring down at his baby who cooed up at him.

"No. We won't let that happen Jamie." Lucretia assured. "I can scan her during the checkup and find out her power level and affinity if you wish. That way it should be at least slightly easier to protect her. Dorcas can check you over while I do so and then we shall inform the family. You and Sirius aren't alone, James. If you go through with the betrothal to Heir Rowle she will have - including Ignatius and I - eight powerful families behind you, shielding this little star from all who dare to wish her harm."
"Please Lucretia." James whispered, bestowing a kiss to his newborn daughter's forehead just as Sirius reentered the bedchamber, he had been contacting their VERY large family with the news of the birth. There had been A LOT of fire calls to make.