Season 2 chapter 2

"Meet the human brain. I know. I know, it doesn't look like much. A little gross even, right? But consider this. There are a hundred billion cells inside of this miracle of evolution. All working as one. No, no, I did not misspeak. I did not stutter. A hundred billion." Mr. Clarke stood in front of our class. The door creaked open and everyone's heads snapped in that  direction  "Ah this must be our new student" my teacher smiled "Indeed all yours" someone else  said before walking away. 

The most gorgeous girl I had ever seen then walked in. She had long red hair and blue eyes and freckles scattered across her face. "All right. Hold up. You don't get away that easy. Come on up. Don't be shy. Dustin, drum roll. Class, please welcome, all the way from sunny California, the latest passenger to join us on our curiosity voyage, Maxine" my teacher said before she could sit down. "It's Max." She said shortly with an annoyed expression. "Sorry?" Mr. Clarke said confused. Max rolled her eyes "It's Max, no one calls me Maxine." The five of us turn to each other "MadMax" Dustin and I whispered. "Well welcome aboard Max" Mr. Clarke smiles.

I guess I stared for a little too long because she gave me a short look as she sat in her seat, right next to mine. "You got a staring problem?" She whispered raising her eyebrows "Hm? What oh uh no, I just zoned out sorry." I stuttered. She sighed and rolled her eyes but I could've swarn I saw a slight smile. "

Later on we were all behind the fence watching Max skate. Kinda creepy if you ask me but something about her wouldn't let me take my eyes off of her. I knew I liked girls this wasn't what confused me she was just so gorgeous and I'd only just met her, there's no way I could already be heads over heels.

"There's no way that's Mad Max." Mike spoke up "Yeah. Girls don't play video games" Will added. I cleared my throat "excuse me?" All the boys looked at me in slight fear. "I-I mean other than you of course sis!" Will corrected himself. "But even then, you can't get 750,000 points on Dig Dug. It's impossible!"  "But her name is Max!" Lucas said.  "So what?" Mike rolled his eyes. "Sooo how many Maxes do you know?" I asked "I don't know" Mike mumbled. "Zero, that's how many. She's gotta be Mad Max!" Lucas exclaimed. 

"Plus she skateboards and is like super hot so she's pretty awesome" I said. "Awesome? You haven't spoken a word to her how could she possibly be awesome?" Mike said. "Are we just going to ignore the fact that Y/n literally just called Max  hot?" Dustin asked although nobody payed attention to him. "Actually I have Michael. But even if I hadn't I wouldn't have to just look at her! Shit I've lost her" I whipped around when Lucas said "there she is" we looked over to find her walking inside making eye contact with me for just a moment before dropping what looked like a note In the trash clearly ment for us. The boys sprinted to find it while I trailed slowly behind.

We're totally creeping her out I thought to myself, how will I ever talked to her if she just thinks I'm a creepy weirdo. By the time I got to the boys they'd found the note. It read: Stop Spying On Me Creeps. "Well shit" I mumbled 

My mom came to pick up Will while I decided to go to the arcade with Dustin and Lucas, little did I know they were planning to spy on Max yet again. I rolled my eyes and headed inside to play some video games. Soon I heard the door open and quickly slam shut I turned my head to see none other than Max. "Woah you really are spying on me, this is getting kinda creepy" she smirked. "I'm not spying on you calm down Mayfield" I chuckled. "The boys though I'm not so sure" I added. "That's reassuring" she rolled her eyes playfully. "Oh they're harmless" I laughed "oh by the way I'm Y/n-" I  started only to be interrupted. "Yeah I know, the stalker" she smirked. "For the last time I'm not a stalker" I sighed "it's not my fault you're pretty" I smirked trying to get back at her. "Flirting now are we Byers?" She shook her head clearly trying to hide the blush on her cheeks. 

"Well I better get going. I'll see you tomorrow Mayfield" I waved bye "Cya stalker" she smiled.