Season 2 chapter 7

"Are you going to let me check your leg now?" Max asked  as we walked in the forest, the two of us slightly trailing behind everyone due to my limp. "Nah. I'm fine"  I said before wincing in pain. "Uh uh, that's believable" she rolled her eyes "Sit. Everyone else has stopped so it's fine" she demanded pointing at a rock. "Fine" I mumbled crouching down on the rock. "Leg" she said patting her lap. 

"Jesus, that's gross" Max mumbled  rolling up my jeans. "You don't have to help" I said sarcastically. "No, no. I want to" she whispered. "Here let me see your backpack " she said unzipping it grabbing a bandanna and a water bottle.  She took the bandanna, ripping it in half between her teeth.  "Um, thanks. You didn't have to" I sighed. She smiled at me pouring water on half on the bandanna, cleaning the wound the best she could. "Ah shit." I muttered. "I know, I know. I'm sorry just stay still" Max whispered sympathetically. Taking the other half of the bandanna and tying it around the wound.  "There, all done" she smiled helping me up. "Thank you Max."

"Guys, who cares? We have to go!" Steve shouted as we walked up. "Wait what's happening?" I questioned limping over to Steve. "Dustin kept Dart and he ate his cat" Steve muttered. "What!?" I shouted. "I care! You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!" Lucas yelled 

"So did you!" Dustin argued. "What?!" I repeated. " He told a stranger the truth!" He shouted. Max scoffed in disbelief "A stranger?" "You wanted to tell her, too!" Lucas shouted "But I didn't, Lucas, okay? I didn't tell her! We both broke the rule of law, okay? So we're even. We're even." Dustin  fired back. "No, no! We're not even. Don't even try that. Your stupid pet could have ate us for dinner!" Lucas screamed.

"Guys!" I yelled. 

"That was not my fault!"

"Guys?!"

"He wasn't gonna eat us."

"He was crawling to come say hello?"

"Guys!"

There was loud screeching in the distance stopping all the arguing. "Come on" Steve whispered.  Walking towards the noise, the rest of us following quietly behind. "No, no, no. Hey, guys, why are you headed towards the sound?" Max questioned. "Hello?" She asked when nobody answered. I chuckled and extended my hand out to her, taking it in hers we caught up to the group.

We arrived at an opening in the woods. "It's the lab... They were going back home." I whispered. We heard rustling and whipped around. "Hello? Who's there?" Steve spoke up standing in front of all of us. "Who's there?!" He repeated when suddenly Nancy and Jonathan appeared 

"Steve?"

"Nancy?"

"Jonathan?"

"Y/n?"

"What are you doing here?" Steve asked. "What are YOU doing here?" Nancy fired back. "We're looking for Mike and Will." I butted in "They're not in there, are they?" I added. "We're not sure." Jonathan answered. "Why?" Nancy asked. 

"We haven't seen Will... I haven't seen him since..." I trailed off

"The power's back." Johnathan said beginning to press the button to the gate repeatedly. "Let me try." Dustin demanded when it didn't work. "Hang on..."

"Let me try, Jonathan!" Dustin exclaimed shoving him out of the way to press the button. "Son of a bitch! I got it!" He cheered. "Hey guys, who's that?" I asked pointing at the incoming head lights.