009; working the front desk

"Good morning" JJ chirped tiredly as he walked out of his room, greeting his little sister who was sat at the kitchen table, eating cereal with milk. There it goes, another sunny morning. "Morning" she hummed back, glancing at her older brother, "you're in a good mood today". JJ grabbed a bowl of cereal for himself, sitting down on a chair opposite of her as he shrugged, "ah well, it's a good day today". She raised her eyebrows, "is it?" she questioned. "Yeah" JJ shrugged again, shoving a spoonful of cereal into his mouth, "what? You've got work today?". She nodded her head, "yeah..."

"I see"

She twirled her spoon around in the milk in her bowl, glancing between it and her brother. "What are you up to today?" she asked, assuming that he had better plans than her. "Me? Oh uhm, nothing much really, uhm treasure hunting" JJ mumbled, his mouth full with cereal again. "That online thing?" she asked to which he nodded. "Did you find any new clues?" she asked, not fully understanding the whole thing. Maybe it was a geological thing? Like geo tagging? JJ was being awfully vague she thought. "Uhm yeah" he answered, glancing away. "You're not breaking into the island club again today are you?" Myra then asked concerned, not wanting her brother or his friends to get into any trouble. "No" JJ shook his head, watching his sister put a spoonful of cereal and milk into her mouth, "believe me, I'm staying as far away from that place as possible"

An hour later JJ had taken off on his dirtbike, leaving out where exactly he was going. She assumed that he was headed over to John AB's place but yet again, she couldn't be sure. He had however fixed the chain on her old bicycle, allowing her to ride it over to figure eight. The clock was almost two in the afternoon as she parked it at the back of the large building, heading in. She got changed, pulled her hair into a ponytail and headed out to the front desk, awaiting hotel and island club guests to help. It wasn't a particularly busy day, allowing for a chat or two with Cheyenne who was also working.

At five minutes past three she heard footsteps drawing closer, making her look up from the computer at the front desk. Her eyes landed on two boys, both of their faces ringing a little too familiar. Kooks, in fact top of the line types of kooks. "Hey" she heard him speak gently as he stopped by the desk, resting his hands upon the glass top. Rafe Cameron. "Hello" she said, standing up a little straighter, "how can I help you?". Topper stayed in the background, his gaze flickering around the large entrance hall. She wasn't sure if he knew who she was and if the fact that her older brother had pulled a gun at him was why he didn't want to roam too close. "We need to rent a golf cart" Rafe spoke clearly, a faint smile pulling at the corners of his lips. "Yeah uhm of course" she spoke lowly, clearing her throat. Rafe's gaze was glued to her, somewhat seeking eye contact. "Preferably number fourteen" he added, leaning forward a little. "I'll check if it's available for you, hang on just a minute" Myra spoke, turning to the computer. Rafe tapped his fingertips onto the glass desk, still looking at her.

"Number fourteen" she hummed as she saw that it wasn't currently rented out to anyone else, "it's all yours". Rafe stood up a little taller, now smiling. "Great" he said, his eyes roaming over her sunkissed face. "That'll be twenty five dollars" she said gently as she placed a sheet of paper and a pen on the desk in front of him, "sign here". She watched him pick up the pen and sign his name on the paper in a swift motion. As she gazed at him, she found herself wondering why he had requested just the fourteenth golf cart. She wasn't an avid golfer, at all, but as far as she was aware it was the same as every other cart available to rent. Perhaps fourteen was the kook boy's favourite number, a lucky one supposedly? She had to assume it to be so.

Rafe reached his hand into his pocket, taking out his wallet. He took out a fifty dollar bill, handing it to her. She took it, dragging her feet over to the cash register to fetch him his change. "Keep it" the tall boy hummed gently as she tried to hand him it. She was a little taken aback, glancing in between him and the twenty five dollars remaining in her hands. "Are you sure?" she asked quietly. "Yeah, keep it" Rafe assured her, leaning on the front desk after he had put his wallet away, "consider it a tip". She nodded once, putting the money down. She wasn't going to argue with that. "Well thanks, I appreciate it" she said, offering the boy standing before her a grateful smile, "I'll go get the keys for you"