056; where do we go from here?

Down at the boneyard,
Sarah had gotten up and walked across the beach to get herself a wine cooler. Neither Myra or Rafe had noticed her getting closer, but Sarah had spotted the odd pair. She frowned slightly. A few suspicions had began to grow in the sixteen year old kook girl's mind way before this, but she had told herself that she was just crazy. Now upon seeing her older brother interacting with JJ's little sister she began to wonder if she wasn't that crazy after all. Sarah couldn't hear what they were talking about, but she could see the look upon her bother's face. His expression was serious, something she was so familiar with, but it softened as he turned to look at Myra. That soft look upon Rafe's face, that was something so completely new to Sarah. She kneeled down by a cooler, grabbing a drink for herself and a beer for John B as she kept her eyes on Myra and Rafe. Sarah noticed how differently Rafe looked at the young pouge girl in comparison to everyone else, and she couldn't help but to wonder if Myra noticed too.

Myra stood with her feet in the sand, the soft sound of the waves rolling onto the shore behind her. It mixed perfectly with the sound of laughter and chatter, filling the chilly night air. Rafe stood before her, his lips slightly parted from the words that had just left his lips. He looked like he was just as surprised as her, like he hadn't expected himself to tell the truth for once. A moment of peace found its way in between the two of them, like the universe was trying to drag them together no matter how much they kept on pulling away.

"What?" Myra asked, feeling absolutely dumbfounded. Rafe had just told her that she was supposed to be his and it had sounded as obvious as rushing water in a waterfall. The tall boy pushed his lips together, gazing away. His blue eyes scanned over the boneyard like he was searching for a way to escape. "You heard me" he mumbled so quietly yet so bitterly. He had said it, now he needed to own it. "Yeah, uhm, but what does it mean?" Myra asked, keeping her voice as gentle as she possibly could. She took a small step forward, letting her arms fall to her sides. Rafe took a moment to respond, his gaze finding its way back to Myra's face. "I don't know" he shrugged, sounding a little out of breath. Myra squinted her eyes as she took another step closer to the kook boy, trying to get a better look at him. Something looked off with him she thought. Rafe's gaze flickered once more, pulling away from her. Myra took another step towards him, now seeing it. It was dark out, but his pupils were way too dilated. The usual blue surrounding them was tainted by streaks of red. Dilated and bloodshot eyes.

"Wait... are you high?"

It was now Rafe's turn to look dumbfounded, pulling away further. "What?" he croaked out. What, it had became such a well used word in between the kook and the pouge. "You're high" Myra pointed out, stepping closer. "What? No" Rafe argued, taking another step back. "Yes you are Rafe, you're high as a fucking kite, I can see it in your eyes" Myra pointed out. Rafe quickly looked away, as to avoid the topic. "I don't even know what you're talking about, you're crazy" he urged harshly. Myra sighed loudly before she reached up and grabbed Rafe's chin with her right hand, forcefully turning his head towards her. "Your eyes are all bloodshot and your pupils are blown, I'm not a fucking idiot" Myra spoke clearly, letting go of his chin, "you're high"

"Fine, I'm high" Rafe confessed, gritting his teeth, "I mean I'm a little high yeah, but not like a kite... I'm not that high". Myra took a step back, once more crossing her arms over her chest. The space surrounding her heart felt tight. She assumed the drugs was the thing that let those previous words slip out before he could stop it. "Weed?" Myra asked, lifting her eyebrows. "Cocaine" Rafe muttered, his gaze flickering for a split second before he looked back at Myra, "do you want some?"

"No" Myra answered a little hesitantly. She wasn't opposed to the drug itself, more so the one who was offering it. She had enjoyed the way the powder had made her feel before but she didn't want to give into Rafe. "Your call" Rafe spoke a little louder, rolling his shoulders back, "you know where to find me if you change your mind?". A frustrated laugh spilled out of Myra's chapped lips. It was a short one filled with both amusement and disbelief. "Where? Here? Following me around?" she asked harshly. Rafe took a step forward, towering over her as to intimidate her. He glanced down at her, the darkness from before once more evident in his eyes. "You like having me this close, even if you won't admit it" he spoke, his voice low yet so incredibly sharp. It haunted Myra a little, making her heart skip a beat. She parted her lips as to speak but no words came out. It amused Rafe, who reached a hand up to stroke a strand of her blonde hair out of her face. He then stepped back, still eyeing her, "you can't get enough of me"