The Keg Party

Emily leaned against the concrete wall of the large in-ground pool. She held a red solo cup in her hand as she looked around. Eric had left moments ago to steal his dad's tap, leaving the rest of the gang sober and bored. She took a drink of her Coke and scanned the antsy crowd. Charging two dollars a head and promising beer to a bunch of high schoolers was only a recipe for trouble. She looked over at Hyde who was flirting with a blonde. She chuckled to herself, as she panned over to Donna and Jackie, who sat on the edge of the pool with their legs dangling. Donna caught her eyes and waved with a smile, gesturing for Emily to join them. Emily smiled back and kicked herself off the wall. She took a small step forward until a boy blocked her path. She looked up at him, and caught his sly smirk.

"Where do you think you're going?" His voice was laced with a slimy feeling. Emily backed up, until her back hit the concrete. She wished she could go deeper. She wished the wall would swallow her whole.

"None of your business." She spat back at the boy. She was surprised at how strong her voice sounded. She gripped her cup tightly and glanced over to Donna and Jackie, but the girls had left their spot. Emily clenched her jaw.

"Well, why don't we go somewhere private?" The boy leaned in, placing a hand on Emily's shoulder. She could smell alcohol on his breath.

"Wow, come to a kegger already drunk did we?" Emily tried to change the subject. The boy's smile fell to a frown as he leaned in closer. Emily's heart beated faster as she prayed someone would put a stop to this.

"Hey!" Kelso's voice rang through Emily's head as she let out a deep breath. Kelso placed a hand on the boy's shoulder turning him around to face him. "What's going on over here?" As the boy was turned around, Hyde stepped in front of Emily, shielding her from the boy.

"Ah Kelso, you know you can have her once I'm finished." The boy chuckled at his words, as he turned around but was met with Hyde.

"Yeah, I don't think so." Hyde said with a smile. He reached down and took Emily's hand in his own. "I think it's time for you to get out of here." He said coolly to the boy. The boy looked around, by now almost everyone's attention was on the interaction.

"Oh come on! You know she wants it! Look at her!" Emily was taken aback by the boy's words. She didn't want it. Why would he think that? She looked down at her outfit. She wore a Black Sabbath T-shirt and jeans. She wasn't showing anything, her whole body was covered. Hyde squeezed her hand softly. Kelso looked at the boy and glanced over to Hyde who slightly nodded. That was all the confirmation Kelso needed, before he pounced on the boy, tackling him to the ground. Hyde quickly let go of Emily's hand and threw a few punches at the boy. He then pulled Kelso off giving the boy a chance to breathe. His eyes darted around the crowd, a look of fear and embarrassment crossing his face. He turned on his heels and fled the scene. Kelso brushed himself off, as Hyde looked around at the crowd.

"Show's over!" He barked. The crowd and Emily jumped at his words, and they rushed to go back to whatever they were doing beforehand. Hyde turned towards Emily, their eyes connecting immediately. "You okay? What did he do? Did he touch you?" His questions seemed to come out at a rapid pace.

"I'm okay, he didn't touch me. He really didn't get too far thanks to you two." She pointed at Hyde and Kelso who were staring at her like she was wounded. "Thank you." She added quietly looking down at her shoes. Kelso smiled slightly, placing a hand on her shoulder before walking away leaving her alone with Hyde. He studied her face and stance. He could tell she was nervous, on edge after what happened. He sighed before opening his mouth.

"Why don't I get you a refill?" He asked, pointing to her cup. He didn't really know what to do in this situation. He felt awkward, out of place. It was as if he was talking to a girl with three heads. Emily shook her head and looked up at him with a small smile.

"I think I'm gonna head out."

"I'll walk you home." Hyde said quickly. Emily shook her head again.

"Eric should be back any minute with the tap. I know you've been looking forward to this. I'll be okay, it's just a short walk from here."

"The beer can wait." He turned and headed for the latter. "Let's go" Emily quickly followed Hyde out of the pool.