Bail

"Hello?" Jackie answered the phone which startled the three girls. Stephanie looked over from her spot by the window wondering who was calling. She admired her newly painted nails that shined a maroon color, she blew, trying to dry them quickly.

"Oh, Micheal, this is just like the book Prisoner of Love where Cliff the rugged yet sweet motorcycle mechanic was thrown into jail. And then his true love, Tasha, was forced to be a slave girl but for this really rich, mean guy." Stephanie looked over at Donna as they listened to Jackie's conversation on the phone. What the hell is happening? She thought as she tried to hear Kelso's response. She watched Jackie as her whole demeanor chained.

"Oh, my God. Are you okay?" She said with concern in her voice. "Oh, my God. You're really in jail. What if you never get out?" Jail? Why was Kelso in jail? Was Hyde there too? Eric? Stephanie had many questions.

"Yes, it would Micheal. And I promise the minute you get out of prison, I'm gonna prove my love to you." Stephanie and Donna shuddered at her words. "Micheal, do you even know what I'm saying to you?" There was a pause and Stephanie could tell Kelso wasn't getting Jackie's drift.

"We're gonna make love you idiot!" Stephanie could hear Kelso shout in excitement before the two hung up the phone. Her eyes went wide at Jackie's action.

"Why did you hang up? What if he's actually in trouble?"

"Eh, he'll be fine." Jackie went back to reading her magazine.

"Well, are the rest of the guys with him?" Stephanie interrogated the brunette as she got up from her seat.

"I heard they were taking Kelso's cousin's car tonight." Donna chimed in from her seat at Jackie's desk. Stephanie looked between the two girls with wide eyes. She then grabbed her coat and started walking towards the door.

"I'm going to bail them out."

"Aww you're worried about Hyde aren't you?" Donna smirked as she drew out her words. Stephanie's face heated up, and she refused to look at the two girls.

"No, I just don't think it's fair for all four of them to be stuck in jail because of Micheal's idiocy!" Jackie and Donna didn't say a word, they just kept their eyes glued to Stephanie as she stood in the doorway. Their lips raised into small smiles. "Whatever." The pressure was getting to Stephanie as she walked out of the door and into the night air. She pulled her jacket close as she got into her car. She pulled out of the driveway and started towards the station, she thought about the two girl's pestering. She had always seen Hyde as a friend and nothing more. At least that's what she thought. She cared for him, yes, but she cared about all of them, even Micheal and his stupid ideas.  She couldn't like Steven. He was her best friend, a brother. They practically grew up together. He used to pull her pigtails. How can she like someone who used to pull her pigtails? She slowed her speed as she pulled into the police station. She was nervous, afraid she wouldn't have enough money for bail. She took a deep breath before entering the building.

"Hi, I'm here for Eric Foreman, Steven Hyde, Micheal Kelso, and -"

"Yeah they were just released, all charges dropped." The officer interrupted. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"About how long ago?" She asked, trying to get some more information.

"About two minutes ago." The officer turned his head to the right and pointed down the hall. "Here they come now." Stephanie's head shot in that direction as she saw the four boys walking towards her with their heads hung low.

"Steph? What are you doing here?" Eric asked, taking a step forward.

"Jackie got Kelso's phone call. I decided to come down." She crossed her arms in front of her almost as if she was trying to prove herself to them.

"Well, thanks for coming because we don't have a ride back." Eric smiled at her.

"What happened?"

"Hey go outside and talk, this isn't a party!" An officer snapped as he walked by. Stephanie sighed in annoyance looking back at the boys.

"Let's get in the car." The boys walked out in a line, each giving quiet thank you's as they passed Stephanie. Hyde brought up the end but stopped in front of her, letting the rest of the boys get ahead.

"Thanks for coming." She nodded her head at his words.

"No problem." They stood there for a moment, the silence was too loud.

"You were worried about me weren't you?" He said mockingly. His lips raised into a smirk. Stephanie's face heated up once again. She swallowed before answering.

"Why would you think that?" She asked defensively. She was nervous and it was showing. Hyde chuckled at her question.

"Oh come on! You were worried!"

"No!" Her gaze fell to her shoes. "Okay, maybe a little." Hyde smiled widely and nodded. The two started walking towards the exit, he reached over and slung his arm around her shoulders.

"Well, I like it when you worry about me." He whispered in her ear before leading her out of the station.