Chapter 5

(Bill pov)

Xavier turns in his chair to the three of us, Storm still in the room with the senator. "Cyclops, you and storm power up the jet. I'm going to locate Dipper. Find Bill a uniform."

"Wait a minute. He's not coming with us, is he?"

"Yes he is."

"I'm sorry, but he'll endanger the mission. He has no training-"

"I'm not the one who gave the train station a new sunroof, asshole." I pipe up, Cyclops a glare. He turns to me in annoyance and with a glare of his own.

"No, you're just the one who stabbed Dipper in the stomach and nearly killed him."

"You can take your fucking mission and shove it up your ass-"

We get interruped as Storm barges into the room. "He's dead. Senator Kelly is dead."

The room falls into a huge silence until Xavier speaks up. "I'm going to locate her. You two figure this out."

He wheels himself out of there, none of us saying a word. From the corner of my eye I see Jean looking at me, a strange look on her face. Like she's trying to put together a puzzle or answer a hard question.

"......how did you do that?" She finally asks, catching me off guard.

"Do what?"

"You looked inside his head. Saw what happened to him."

"Yeah, so?"

"So how did you do it? Doing something like that takes practice and training. I can barely do it and I've been training my powers since I was a little girl."

"I....I don't know.....kinda figured it out...."

"Meaning what exactly?"

".....my family was in a crash when I was a kid, probably my fault. Anyway, skipping the sob story, my mom died and my dad was stuck in a wheelchair. He had these nightmares, would yell and wake me up at night. One night I went in the room, thought maybe I could calm him down the way he used to do for me."

"What did he do for you?"

"It's stupid. He would just move the hair out of my face and say everything would be okay. I went to do that to him, but when my hands touched his head I felt this....this pulling sensation. I heard faint voices, but different than the ones I usually hear. So I concentrated on the voices and then saw his nightmares. Saw the things that kept me up. It was terrifying enough for a grown adult to see those things but for a kid.....sent me running out of the room, biting my tongue trying not to scream just so I wouldn't wake him."

"You said you didn't want to wake him. Why is that?"

"His thoughts were already bad enough for me to hear when he was awake. I didn't want to hear them if I woke him up. Especially after the things I saw in his head."

"Have you done it since then?"

"No. I try to make it a habit not to listen to the voices. I'm sure you of all people can understand that."

"I can....but you can't block everything out forever."

"I sure as hell can try."

A yell down the hall makes it feel like everything stops. The others run out of the room as I still try to process who that was. Everyone else was in here, all the students are sleeping in the dorms. Only one person it could have been.....Xavier.

I run down the hall after the others, running into the Cerebro room. Xavier lies on the floor, the others gathered around him. Cyclops grabs him under the arms pulling him into a sitting position.