𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘

𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗫 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗞𝗦 that Percy's kind of amazing. He's enamored by her powers, and he's kind. Even Annabeth, Bella's first real friend—outside of her sisters, or course—is a bit wary. Not Percy. Never Percy.

Percy watched her blow Alecto back with a shockwave of force and thanked her. He saw her use Medusa's own shadows to trap her feet so she couldn't chase him, and he smiled brightly at her. He knows what she can do, and isn't scared.

And the quest is good. Bella knew it wasn't supposed to be, but she was finally where she belongs. She was fighting and surviving, and it felt good.

She missed her sisters more than she though possible, especially since they couldn't IM. She wondered about them, when she and her friends were hiking through the woods, when they were rocking back and forth in the back of a semi truck full of zoo animals, when they entered the Underworld.

When they get on the plane to fly back to New York, Bellatrix was almost vibrating with excitement. She loved the quest, but she was dirty and tired and injured and unfortunately
barefoot. She was ready to go home.

Their group split up in La Guardia. As much as Bella wanted to go with Percy to Olympus, to watch his back, she knew he was right.

"Be careful," she told him, hand on his shoulder. "No taunting Zeus like you did Ares, okay?"

He rested his hand on hers. "Deal. Tell Chiron what happened."

Annabeth nodded. "We will."

𝗡𝗢 𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗 them at Half-Blood Hill. Bella knew that it was to be expected, because they couldn't exactly call ahead, but she wished they could get a bigger reaction. They had saved the world after all.

"Big House?" Annabeth asked. "Or do you want to stop by the Hermes cabin?"

Bella shook her head. "We need to tell Chiron . . . everything. ASAP."

"Alright," Annabeth said, nodding. She turned toward the baby-blue mansion in the distance. "Let's hope he's not doing a lesson right now."

𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗢𝗡 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 where they expected him to be. He was in wheelchair form, sipping a cup of tea on the Big House porch. He didn't seem particularly surprised to see them.

"I am glad you've returned safely," he said, warmly, once they'd settled into chair opposite his. His gaze turned slightly nervous. "And Percy?"

"Alive," Bella told him. "We were successful. He's giving the bolt back right now."

"But there's something else," Annabeth mentioned, and told Chiron about everything. About how Hades hadn't had the bolt, but instead, Ares did. About the beach and the Furies. About her suspicions.

Chiron pursed his lips. "Much to think about. But no matter! Tonight shall be festive! We will burn your shrouds in the campfire to celebrate your safe return home."

Annabeth and Bella glanced at each other. He was hiding something, but it wouldn't be long before they got it out of him.

𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗔 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗔 greeted Bellatrix with an enormous bear hug, the second she stepped foot onto the Hermes porch.

"I'm glad you're okay," Seraphina told her. "Luke didn't say anything after your message."

"I had to help with this rude mortal- don't worry."

"What did you see?" Valentina asked. She'd gotten more freckled than Bellatrix remembered. "What monsters did you kill?"

"And what injuries did you get?" Seraphina asked, bitterly.