𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗔 𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗡𝗦 the door to Luke's meeting room on the top floor of the Princess Andromeda, Luke is in the middle of throwing a chair at the wall

So, she stands with her back to the wall by the double doors. She knows what to do when he gets like this. She just has to wait it out.

"We failed?" he bellows. His chest is heaving. "Why? Kronos is furious. . ."

He trails off and Sera knows that's her cue.

She pushes up off the wall and goes to him. With gentle hands, she takes his shoulders and guides him to the nearest armchair. He sinks into the cushion and places his head into his hands.

"I can't keep disappointing him," Luke mutters. He raises his head and they both stare at the golden sarcophagus on the other side of the room. The air grows colder.

"You won't," Sera reassures. With a whispered word, she spells a fire into the perpetually empty fireplace next to the sitting area. It warms her slightly, but it can't take away the edge of Kronos's ire. "We've got more plans. Kronos has more plans. The Fleece is on the tree, and that's enough for now."

He grabs her hand with his own, and they sit there in silence for a while.

When Luke tells Sera that he's going to head to bed, she nods and says she's going to find Bellatrix.

"I haven't seen her since the . . . Parties Ponies," she says distastefully. It makes Luke smile, at least. "I want to check on her."

"She's fine," he dismisses. "Saw her earlier."

He stands and helps her to her feet.

"Still," Sera says. She doesn't make any move to leave, though.

Luke gently cradles her face with one hand. He kisses her softly.

𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗔 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗦 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗔 sitting with Chris on the main deck. They're pressed together, shoulder to hip, and are talking quietly. Sera can't hear them, and for a second she wants to whisper and incantation so she can, but Bella stiffens and turns around.

"Sera," she says.

"Bella." Sera nods at Chris and waits.

For a second, he doesn't move. Then, he looks at Bella, and upon seeing her reluctant agreement, stands and leaves. It rankles Sera, leaving a bad taste in her mouth.

"How are you?" she asks, taking Chris's spot. Bella doesn't attempt to mold herself to Sera's side, like she did to Chris. "I haven't seen you since the battle."

Bellatrix scoffs. "Luke already . . . reprimanded me for letting them get away, don't worry."

For a second, Sera just breathes. She'd thought she'd made it clear to Luke that her sisters were her responsibility. The fact that he'd criticized Bella without her, without even thinking to mention it to her, makes her so, so angry.