ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 11

҉

"Where are we going?" Venom asked, coming out of Nia and making Gwen flinch once more.

"To the home of the Spider people I presume" Nia said.

"Exactly" Gwen said happily.

Nia and Venom waited while the blonde tapped some sort of coordinates into the watch on her wrist and the pair took a step back when a barrage of colourful light filled Nia's living room. Some sort of wormhole opened in the centre and expanded. Nia closed her gaping mouth when she saw Hobie chuckling softly at her expression. She glared at him, now in a more joking way to then look forward as Gwen disappeared into the portal.

"Do you need me to hold your hand princess?" Hobie asked sarcastically.

His laughter stopped abruptly when Nia took his hand in her own tightly and jumped into the portal, closing her eyes shut.

Nia had to keep her lips closed tight as she felt her stomach turn sideways, upwards and any other direction as the strange tube tunnel they had gone into made them speed along forwards. She could feel Hobie's hand turning to wrap more fingers around her smaller hand and keep her closer to himself.

In less time that Nia expected, they were falling through the air with Nia screaming loudly. Venom reacted, wrapping his black body around Nia's and turning her completely into their black form. Thinking quickly Weaver let out their black tentacles and caught them on the platforms beneath the four of them making them land safely on it, with a crack of the floor.

Venom retreated the mask but not the rest of the suit and Nia looked around, seeing the many shocked looks from the hundreds of people dressed in some sorts of spider costumes like the ones, she just now noticed yes, Hobie and Gwen had on before they left New York.

As Nia took in their surroundings, they realized they were no longer in New York. The familiar sights and sounds of the city had been replaced by a vibrant and bustling metropolis unlike anything they had ever seen. Towering skyscrapers with sleek, futuristic designs stretched toward the sky, their facades adorned with holographic displays and advertisements. The air hummed with energy, and the scent of excitement filled the atmosphere.

Nia's gaze shifted from the awe-inspiring cityscape to the people around them. It seemed they had stumbled upon some kind spider city. Everywhere Nia looked, there were individuals clad in various spider-themed costumes, reminiscent of the ones worn by Hobie and Gwen. The crowd buzzed with chatter and gasps of surprise, their eyes fixed on the unexpected arrival of Nia and their extraordinary companions.

Weaver, still in their transformed state with black tentacles extending from their body, released themselves from the top of the ceiling and landed gracefully on the platform. Nia's heart raced with a mix of apprehension and exhilaration as they assessed their surroundings. The crack in the floor caused by their abrupt landing seemed to go unnoticed amidst the commotion of the crowd.

Venom, having retreated the mask but still clad in the rest of the suit, moved his head closer to Nia's own. Their imposing presence commanded attention, causing a ripple of murmurs among the onlookers. Nia could sense the curiosity and surprise in the air, mingled with a hint of trepidation.

With a quick exchange of glances between Nia and Venom, they silently agreed to blend in with the crowd (actually the symbiote was quite glad for the extra attention while his human felt more that uncomfortable). Nia pulled up the hood of their black top, concealing her features, while Venom's tentacles retracted back into their body.

Together, they assumed a more inconspicuous appearance, allowing them to navigate the sea of spider-themed enthusiasts. Hobie and Gwen landed gracefully besides her, watching her awake stricken expression in amusement.

"I'm hurt you didn't try to save me princess" Hobie said, placing one hand on his chest and his face expressions hidden since he had placed his mask back on.

Nia poked her tongue out him while Gwen smiled, happy to be back at the HQ.

"Come on Nia. I'll take you to Miguel" the girl told her.

"Miguel?"

"Who is Miguel?" Venom asked as he emerged from her.

"Get back inside Venom" Nia warned the symbiote when she got more stares from the closest spider people, some of the younger looking ones even yelping when they saw his head.

"Miguel is the Spider-Man who started all this" Gwen explained, spreading her hands out "He was the one who brought all of the spiders here. To help with the multiverse"

Nia held her head high even under her hood at the same time as she told Venom not to completely unmask. At what looked like the front door of the centre building, the black woman Nia recognised vaguely from the night she had killed Blackwell was standing there with a scarlet dressed Spider-Man.

"Well would you look at this" Jess stepped forward with a smile on her face "You really did end up coming along. And nice job rookie" Gwen smiled brightly at the compliment she got from her mentor.

"Alright enough pleasantries. Show me what you wanted to show me and why exactly I'm here" Nia sighed, lowering her hood down.

"Calm down there girl. I don't even know your name" Jessica said, her hand instinctively going down to her growing belly.

"I'm Nia, Nia Rivera" the girl said.

"And I, am Venom" a similar reaction to all others who met the black symbiote happened with Jess who jumped back nearly a foot when the black and dagger teeth creature appeared in the air besides Nia's head "Together, we are Weaver..."

"Ay stop being so dramatic" Nia pushed the symbiote's head away "Now show us to your boss"

Jess sighed seeing as she wouldn't be able to really make the girl open up so she complied, turning around and motioning for Nia to follow her. Hobie and Gwen followed behind her as well to see what would happen.