Chapter Eleven

"Ahaha, we've finally landed." Ferid chuckled with an excited tone. The vampires had just made it back to their city, dried up blood on many of the soldier's attire. No one knows or cares whether or not it's human blood or their own blood.

[M/n] sighed in relief when he landed on the ground, earlier dropping from a helicopter again because his plane was taking too long to land. "Are you that eager to be alongside me, [M/n]?" Ferid teased with a smirk.

"I thought you understand me better than that, Ferid," [M/n] gave him a disbelief look. He sighed before continuing, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to my mansion's bathroom to get myself clean up," [M/n] quickly vanishes with his fast speed, heading towards his estate.

"Where's [M/n] going?" Mika asked from behind Ferid, interested in why the vampire would hurriedly go to his mansion. The older vampire laughed, "Taking a shower. He always explained to me how he doesn't like wearing dirty clothes and getting dirty himself. Maybe that's why he doesn't like going to war."

Mika shrugged his shoulders in reply, "Or maybe he doesn't like killing humans. He said so himself." Ferid snickered, "How can you be so sure when you don't exactly know his actual past."

The blonde male's face twisted into a scowl, "What are you suggesting, Ferid?" The said man grinned ominously in return. He then left him alone to inform the battle to the Queen, Krul Tepes.

[M/n] sighed in relief when he finished his shower. He cares about his hygiene so much that he didn't realize someone stood to knock on the door of the mansion. "[M/n], are you there?"

The [h/c]nette identified the voice as Mika's. He then quickly put on his clothes and then marched over to the entrance to unlock it. When he opened it, Mika was panting very harshly and seemed to be in pain.

"Mika, what's wrong?" [M/n] asked in a worried tone. He guided the male to his living room for him to sit down. "You mind explaining what's going on with you?" [M/n] questioned again because Mika was still silent. He was staring at the ground, not once has he looked at [M/n].

When he leaned his head upwards to meet [M/n]'s gaze, the [h/c]nette could recognize blood lust within the male's eyes. "Have you downed the vials Krul gave you?" The blonde vampire nodded and declared, "It's not working."

"It's been four years, Mika. You should probably drink human blood, or you'll soon die," [M/n] stated the truth. He knows what the pain felt like, it was terrible. The pain inside his body which can't be removed unless he engulfed a human's blood.

At that time, [M/n] did try to commit suicide but failed because someone didn't allow him to do as he craves. Over the hundreds of years, [M/n] had forgotten that person's features. He's probably dead now anyways.

[M/n] snapped out of his thoughts when Mika was now grasping his clothed chest as if he couldn't breathe. The [h/c]nette sighed before rolling his sleeve upwards and presenting his hand to the blonde vampire.

The said male seemed to notice the idea the [h/c]nette was implying and immediately shook his head, "I don't want to hurt you, [M/n]."

[M/n] grinned in response, "Trust me, I'll be okay. But I wouldn't say the same to you if you don't drink it though." Mika sighed knowing [M/n] will keep trying anyways. He then carefully grasped [M/n]'s hand and then gently sank his fangs into his soft, pale skin.

A minute passed before Mika withdrew and looked at [M/n]. He wanted to ask if the male was alright. Before even asking, the said man laughed genuinely and affirmed, "I'm fine. Quit worrying about me. I'm older than you, you know?"

Mika blushed in response, "...Alright. Thanks by the way." [M/n] nodded, "Sure, now let's go outside. There's somewhere I want to go." Both then got up from their seats to wander outside.

The two walked at a normal pace, [M/n] leading to the place he wishes to be. "Where are we going?" Mika asked while gazing at [M/n] in a loving way. "The library."

"Don't you have your own library in your mansion, [M/n]?" The said man then answered, "I've read all of them. I want new ones."

Mika responded in disbelief, "Sure, but aren't there more than a hundred books in there?" [M/n] sighed, "It's still not enough. I've read each one four times if I'm not mistaken."

Mika tried to contain his shock while accompanying [M/n] to the library. The place was usually crowded with children since vampires rarely go there and it's their only to place to be free for a while. The vampire Mika knows who goes there besides [M/n] was none other than Ferid and one of his associates, whom he rarely talks to.

"Ah, we're here." [M/n] stepped forward and twisted the door knob. Both then walked inside and looked around.

The library had a warm feeling thanks to the warm yellow lights and rustic walls along with the dark carpet for the flooring. It was also decorated with some plants to make the place look better.

[M/n] had a questioning look when he saw the plants, "Since when are those there?" Mika slowly walked over to one of them and touched it, "It's a real plant. Did Krul put these here?"

"Perhaps, but I'm not so sure it's her. It's probably Ferid," [M/n] stated. He then continued, "I'll go choose my books now. You can sit there if you have nothing to do." He then disappears into the isle of bookcases.

Mika slowly walked to the brown leather couches and sat down on one of them. The blonde male looked down on his left side and found a book put on the ground. He reached out to it but was stopped when the book was taken by someone else.

"Oh? I didn't expect you here, Mika-kun." Mika glanced up when he heard the familiar voice, "Oh, it's you. I expected you here, honestly. You said you sometimes visit this place, remember?"

The figure released a laugh, "Of course I do, I'm not forgetful. Anyways, see you later. I want to take this book back to my place."

He watched the figure go before thinking why his comrade didn't want him to see his book. He snapped out of his thoughts when [M/n] came back with his hand full of books.

"You want me to help you with that?" Mika questioned with a humorous tone. "Nah, I'm good. I'm going to take these back now. Goodbye, Mika!"

Mika was then left alone in the library. He sighed before walking to one of the bookcases and pulled out one of the books he once read. It brought back nostalgia since the last time he read this book was four years ago, before the incident with Ferid.

He then took it and smiled when he opened it, seeing his bookmark was still there. The blonde male walked out of the library while reading the book, not caring when Ferid waved at him.