Chapter Eight

Slash!

That was it,

The sound of swords slicing skin until blood comes gushing out.

[M/n] gripped his sword tightly in his hand. Readying himself if an attack comes to his way. Awareness and caution inside his eyes. He then glanced ahead where a ravenette stood. The man was focusing at the battlefield before also focusing his gaze at the [color]nette when he felt being watched.

[M/n] walked forward, dodging the attacks that came his way. He parried each one of them with such grace, sending their weapons flying to the ground, far from their reach.

"It is nice to see you again, Guren."

The ravenette grinned, "You want a round two, [M/n]?"

He walked closer, "I'm sure you couldn't take me."

Guren replied, "And why is that?"

The [h/c]nette smiled, "Because I'm gonna use more than 10% of my power to fight you."

Immediately, Guren pulled out his sword and started slashing it towards the vampire.

"So, you were holding back when we fought last time?"

He blocked each of them and began thrusting his sword forward, "Of course. I wouldn't want my sparring partner to die so soon." Guren snickered, "Haha, holding back, what are you? A childish grandpa?"

A cut made it to Guren's left cheek, "Don't call me a grandpa. It's annoying."

Mika carefully watched the clash between [M/n] and the raven-haired man. The two were fighting while conversing like they were close friends. It brought a weird feeling inside his chest every time he saw it. He didn't know what it was. It was strange. It's like he wants to hug the beautiful male close, not wanting anyone getting closer to [M/n] except him.

Ferid looked closely at Mika. His eyes showed jealousy; it was quite evident. The blonde male was glaring daggers at Guren. If looks could kill, the lieutenant colonel would be dead by now.

"So, you said you could've killed me. If that's true, then how strong are you?" [M/n] raised his eyebrow, "Do I need a reason to tell you?" Guren grinned while sending another attack towards the [h/c]nette.

"Friends need to tell each other what they're like you know?"

"Oh? Are we friends now? Since when did our relationship got up?" [M/n] remarked while blocking the blow.

"Ahaha, right now actually," Guren gave a delighted grin. The ravenette was panting hard right now while [M/n] just stood there waiting for him to catch his breath. The scenery was just like the first time they met; the only difference was that there was a war going on right now.

All thanks to his enhanced hearing, he was able to dodge the wires and kunai that was launched his way. He averts his eyes to the source and found a girl with long dark blue hair and gold eyes looking straight back at him.

"Shigure, attack!"

[M/n] swiftly blocked the attack that was delivered by a female with wheat-colored hair and matching eyes.

"I thought we were fighting one on one," [M/n] stated.

"Well, this is a battlefield. You can fight just how you like it," Guren grinned.

The [h/c]nette sighed when he heard Ferid laughing at him. He focused back on the battlefield and saw three soldiers charging at him from the right and four on the left. Hmm? That's weird. I don't feel any threat coming from their auras. Are they perhaps illusions? Testing his theory, he just let them walk past him and turned to dust.

"Geez, how did he know?" He heard a male beside Guren said.

Just then, he saw Mika got up and started attacking Guren and his comrades. Shrugging his shoulders in confusion, [M/n] went back and walked to Ferid. "What's wrong with Mika?" Ferid gave out a cheerful grin, "Ahaha, why don't you ask him. I think he's quite angry since the humans weren't playing fair."

[M/n] blinked, "The humans weren't fighting fair?"

Ferid deadpanned, "One versus four is definitely not fair, [M/n]. You're so dense; it's hilarious."

[M/n] was just going to say that he wasn't dense when suddenly Ferid ran past him and blocked the attack that came towards Mika. He just stared as he saw Guren's body was sent flying to numerous objects. He then quickly appeared behind Ferid.

"Why did you hurt him?" Ferid gave [M/n] a suspicious glance, "Why are you suddenly asking a human's well-being?"

The [color]nette only stared and ignored him.

Mika walked closer to Guren who was gasping for breath.

Ferid stated, "Don't underestimate humans, Mika-kun. They're tricky, greedy, and sneaky. Though, it feels weird saying that to an ex-human."

Mika growled, "Shut up! Die, human." Mika then stabbed him through the chest. [M/n] doesn't know why, but he felt uncomfortable seeing it. He then sensed five familiar auras coming near; one of them at a fast speed rate. When he tried to stop the sword coming through Mika's chest, Ferid held him back and whispered, "It's best not to interrupt their reunion, [M/n]-chan!"

~~~

Hello there! Thx for reading chapter eight. I haven't updated my story here for quite a long time, huh? Anyways, I should be telling you that every ten chapters, there will be a special chapter that's focusing on the reader's relationship with others, including his past.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my story so far. Bye bye~