391. Get Listed! Here Comes the Imperial Edict

The Blessed Chapter 391

“How did you do in the exam, Jinghan? My parents told me that you have already finished the exam, or I would have been there for you.”

Sweeping away the previous formality, Ling Chenggui happily took hold of his hand. The uncle and nephew were almost of the same age, more like brothers. Lady Wang also wore a rare smile, saying while moving forward, “Chenggui, you are back. Come sit and have a cup of hot tea. It’s some good tea Jingxuan entrusted someone to bring back from the prefecture. I can’t tell where it is so good. You can help me.”

“Hmm, thank you, sister-in-law.”

Ling Chenggui nodded happily, then sat down with Ling Jinghan. Ling Chenglong also invited others to sit. Now, it would never be their turn to sit in the main seat or seats in the middle. Of course, they also dare not have any objection. Because of the free school thing, this family already became the big benefactor of those people in the nearby villages. Who wouldn’t show their respect on seeing them? So they never dare put on airs before them now.

“Please!”

Ling Yun came up to pour him a cup of tea, Ling Chenggui couldn’t help blushing. Facing Ling Jingxuan’s surprised look, Ling Chenggui made a please gesture.

“Oh, OK, OK…”

After all, they were not so familiar, so Ling Chenggui still performed a bit reserved. Ling Jingxuan found it amused, so he just walked away, leaving him and Ling Jinghan to have some small talk. They had lunch at Yuehua manor. After noon, people all began to look a bit anxious. Ling Chenglong and his wife kept looking out now and then, can’t even keep their feet in their boots.

“My lord, ma’am, listed, listed…”

As they were looking forward to it with eager expectancy, Lady Yang ran in from outside. Already forgetting her manner, she said cheerfully, “Congratulations, my lord, ma’am, Young Master Han is listed! He is a tongsheng now!”

“Really?!”

Lady Wang got up, so excited that she accidentally knocked over the tea on the table. But she didn’t notice that the others were also excited, especially her parents, after all, that was their grandson.

“Congratulations, Jinghan is really something!”

“Congratulations!”

“You have a real capable family. Chenglong, good for you!”

“Brother-in-law, sister, congratulations, Jinghan, well done!”

People of the full room congratulated them. Even those servants and maids also came to kowtow to congratulate them. In an instant, the whole room was filled with people’s talking and laughing. But no one noticed that, compared with others, Ling Jinghan didn’t perform that excited, or even a little down. Lady Yang only said he got listed, but didn’t say if he topped the list, which was different from his expectations.

“Where’s Gengniu? Why hasn’t he come in yet?”

Glancing at his younger brother who was clearly not in the mood, Ling Jingxuan suddenly opened his mouth to ask. As he asked, the whole room quieted down. And then Lady Yang remembered something, so she hurriedly moved forward and said, “I nearly forgot! The one who came to report the good news is a fellow from Xinyuan. And he said the magistrate and a lot of officials are on the way here, saying that they are here to announce something called edict. I couldn’t quite catch it. Only asking us to make preparations quickly.”

“Damn! Why didn’t you say that earlier?”

Ling Jingxuan’s face sank and he sprung up. “Dad, mom, aunt, you take my grandpa and grandma to change some new clothes. The imperial edict will be here soon. Shuisheng, you go pick up the little masters from school. Shuiling, go call Brother Han and Yangzi, let them get dressed and come over. Zheng Da, Zhou Er, place the livestock and tributes! Remember, make some room in the middle of the table for the imperial edict!”