393. Receiving the Imperial Edict; A New Level of Being Shameless

The Blessed Chapter 393

“Ling Jingxuan, receive the imperial edict!”

As the team arrived at the gate of Yuehua Manor, a sound suddenly rang. Magistrate Hu Lizhi who was sitting on that big horse swept over at the three brothers and those people standing before the incense burner table. When he saw Ling Chengcai and his wife, his eyes sank. Because of Ling Chenghua’s thing, he also knew more or less about the old xiucai’s family. At least he knew everyone in that family. So when he saw those two irrelevant people here, he felt kind of upset.

“Congratulations, Childe Ling. Congratulations, Jinghan.”

While the deputy governor was supporting Eunuch Zhao off the carriage, the magistrate went forward to the people in the lead, cupping his hands, congratulated them. He even didn’t give an eye at Ling Chengcai and his wife. But they just dare not have any objections.

“Thank you, Lord Hu.”

Ling Jingxuan made a slight smile, and saluted back cupping his hands together with Ling Jinghan. Hu Lizhi said with satisfaction, “Childe Han, congratulations for topping the list! I hope you can study harder. Next year, top the list during the next provincial examination that I’ll preside for the last time.”

The first place?

Not only just listed? Ling Jinghan finally smiled heartily and he also won some face for his parents and brothers. And others were all surprised in the heart. The first place was different. Even the magistrate said he was expecting that he could top the list again in the provincial examination. Does it mean that a xiucai title is already in his pocket? A lot of people grew more alert of Yuehua Manor. A xiucai title was nothing, but a xiucai in the village was a huge thing. Besides, Ling Jinghan was only fourteen years old! If he really got listed as a xiucai, he might even get the juren title or even jinshi and take an official career.

“I will study harder. Thank you, my lord.”

Although curious if he would get promoted, the brothers did not ask. Ling Jinghan abided to his own thing, did not show too much intimacy, then Hu Lizhi went to congratulate Ling Chenglong and his wife. Seeing that Eunuch Zhao had already come over with the imperial edict and the emperor’s rewards, he hurriedly ran over.

That Eunuch Zhao was no other else but that the one who was responsible for receiving Chu Yunhan and his son when they went back. This time, it was Chu Yunhan who personally suggested the emperor to nominate him to announce the imperial edict.

“The imperial edict arrives, everybody kneels, Ling Jingxuan receives the imperial edict!”

Hands holding a golden imperial edict, Eunuch Zhao’s reedy voice suddenly sounded, Ling Jingxuan moved two steps forward, three little buns still kneeling there, while Ling Jinghan and Ling Jingpeng were behind, then Ling Chenglong and others. The self-important Ling Chengcai and his wife also knelt there among them. But everyone just ignored them. Finally it was those irrelevant people like the village head and the old patriarch.

When Eunuch Zhao was opening the imperial edict, Magistrate Hu and those yamen runners and others all knelt down. In an instant, all people before Yuehua Manor were kneeling down. The straggling up smell of sandalwood pervaded into the air, no any sound, so solemn and majestic.

“Next is the content of the imperial edict. Ling Jingxuan, tongsheng of Ling village, Datong town, Qingyang County has superb medical skills. A few months ago, during the cure of the plague, he has made great contributions. And a few days ago, hearing that he led his family to try the late rice and reclaimed over ten thousand mu of wasteland, and has made great contributions to the kingdom and its people. So I specially grant him the title of role model of the farmers. Here is the plaque with my personal autograph, and a thousand taels of gold, ten thousand taels of silver, and exempt from the taxes all his life. Over!”