Chapter 17

A month has passed since Fatima attended Angela's birthday party. Over the course of this one month, Zac and Fatima learned shocking news. As for their relationship, they have been in complete bliss. Zac and Fatima found out that Xi is in fact Autistic, and he also has Epilepsy. Epilepsy is a disorder in which nerve cell activity in the brain is disturbed, resulting in the effects of a seizure. Zac and Fatima found out that Xi had epilepsy after one night of them returning home from their date night. Grandma Evelyn Taylor was holding a shaking Xi as he foamed at the mouth. He was rushed to the hospital immediately and was diagnosed with Tonic-Clonic seizures.

Tonic-Clonic seizures, are seizures that are characterized by stiffness and jerking motions to the body. During a Tonic-Clonic seizure, the excess saliva in one's mouth tends to pool in the mouth, as it mixes with oxygen and gases. After mixing with oxygen and gases in the mouth, the salvia begins to create a foamy appearance as it bubbles over. So far, within this past month, Xi has only had two seizures. Zac and Fatima both have been keeping a close eye on him, and learning ways to make sure his CK (creatine kinase) levels stay regulated. Italy has completely learned how to walk now, and she has learnt new words as well. She try's to keep up with Jr. around the house, as well as making messes for Zac and Fatima to clean.

Today is Italy's first birthday party, and also the day where Zac and Fatima's friends are going to be made aware of their relationship. It is currently 5 in the morning and Fatima is laying awake in bed. Zac laid sleeping on his back, while Fatima laid on his chest.

                  |Zac and Fatima's bedroom|

Fatima : (tapping Zac's chest lightly)

Zac : (with his eyes closed) Yes, Ti.

Fatima : (caressing his beard with her left hand) I can't sleep, I'm sorry to wake you.

Zac : it's okay Ti, what's on your mind?

Fatima : -takes a deep breath- You and our relationship.

Zac : - opens one of his eyes, lifts his head slightly up off of the pillow- What about our relationship, T?

Fatima : Lay back down baby. - pushing Zac's body back down on the bed- I just don't want our relationship to be ruined or our friends affecting what we have. After today, they will know about our relationship and I don't want nobody to come in between us. Can you promise me that even when we are at odds, you won't let your boys affect how we communicate? I will do the same thing with the girls, and if you ever feel like something isn't right, you will come and talk to me. I don't want to lose our line of communication, or have the input of our friend's opinions affect what we have. I don't want to lose our love in general. What if we don't last?

Zac : They can't affect us if we don't allow them too, Ti. It's always going to be you and me, everyone else is irrelevant. You are my rib and your my heart, nobody can come in between that. Look at me.

Fatima : ( looks up at him) Mhmm?

Zac : I'm not going anywhere and neither are you. We are a team, no matter what the circumstances are. Whenever you feel down about something let me know. It's my job to pick you back up, I'm your backbone. It's me, you, and our love. Even if you're having a bad day, I will always promise to make it better. So, whatever today may bring us, won't stop the love I have for you. Your mines and I'm yours. That's something that will never change. I'm only going to make this clear one time and one time only. Don't bring doubt to yourself or us again. Do you hear me?

Fatima : Yes, I hear you and I feel so much better now. Thank you for reassuring me of our love and how you believe in us. I'm sorry to bring doubt to us, it wasn't my intentions to make you feel that way. I love you.