Chapter 407 - Wrapped in bandages

Yang Yuna could feel a chill crawl up her spine when the attention was all drawn to her older sister. Her hands couldn't stop quivering when she remembered the unbearable pain she had experienced a few days ago.

She didn't know what happened or how it happened, but one thing escalated to another, and she had found herself kidnapped. It must've been a crazy fan or a creepy stalker because he first thing the kidnapper did was ruin her hands.

It was a miracle that she was even found alive, but part of her believed it wasn't as simple as she hoped but rather, it was for a much more sinister reason. To have her die was too much of a paradise to her tormentors.

Even when surrounded by powerful people with present bodyguards, Yang Yuna felt unsafe. The security here was top-notch, but her skin was rising with goosebumps. Someone was watching her. It wasn't the type of gaze from an admiring fan, but more of people who desired for her blood to be shed.

She couldn't remember the last time she had ever experienced fear as paralyzing as this one. "T-that's alright, Matriarch Lin. I couldn't possibly violate our promise. I can still play, do not worry." Her dubious voice prompted Lin Miyeon's lips to tilt down in displeasure.

"But my dear, your fingers are wrapped in bandages. Surely, it would be painful to move or function. I pity you. Who could do such a thing to you? I hope the assailant will be found and jailed soon."

Her words caused a murmur in the crowd. No one knew what happened to Yang Yuna and only a few of them heard snippets of it. Not a single soul here knew the full story, but with Lin Miyeon's wording, everyone could interpret what had happened to the young and budding genius.

"It's so terrifying to think he's still roaming around the streets." Lin Miyeon's face was overcome with worry. "I didn't know you were injured to such an extent. Had you inform me, I would've advised you to stay at home and recuperate."

Yang Yuna's face froze over. She didn't realize it before, but somehow, this Matriarch's sympathetic voice sounded almost mocking to the ears, as if taunting her. She blinked once and her vision was surrounded by a terrifying sight. In the stead of faces were a void of swirling black, painted like that of monsters. Anticipating eyes turned into sharp crescent moons, upside down, and hanging like that of a Joker mask. Lips made of the curve of daggers, the faces resembled antique masks in vintage opera shows. Giggles flood her ears and even though no one was laughing at her for her injury, she felt like the entire world was judging her. Her world began to spin, whether it was due to a lack of nutrition or sleep, she did not know. Her breath quickened and her eyes dilated. Fear grasped her heart, tightly squeezing the small courage out of her soul. The people's expecting eyes felt as if they were betraying her like jagged pebbles of a public stoning.

"She's injured...? What a shame."

"With an injury like that, how could someone even play the piano? You need delicate and strong fingers to even hit the good notes."

"Tsk, was she planning on insulting the Matriarch by showing up injured like this?"

"She's bringing shame to the Yang's honorable name. Sigh. What a pity."

Rosè Yang's ears heightened at the last statement.

Before she was able to reply, a rough and deep voice spoke out, "A pity indeed. The dishonorable family legacy will live longer than yours." Smooth, like finely strained and aged-wine, but tremorous like the cackling thunder in the skies, his voice was one who shouldn't be trifled with.

Pairs of eyes shifted to the regal man sitting upon an ivory-colored chair whose metalwork was twisting into spirals of peach blossom branches. His white and grey hair was crisply slicked back, while his permanent disapproving frown muttered away the wandering gaze of the onlookers. No one dared to stare at him longer than their allotted time.