Pain and Suffering- Severus Snape

Here I am standing in the boathouse with the Dark Lord in front of me.

My heart is racing but I keep my face still.

I know... this is my time.

I know I am going to die.

Why am I... scared? I have waited for this moment ever since Lily died.

My years of pain and guilt will finally be washed away, and I will be free.

I gulp when the Dark Lord says "But only I can live forever Severus."

What a selfish bastard. I helped him. Well, kind of.

But then, it is over. I feel a throbbing sensation around my neck and I'm on the floor. Everything is starting to fuzz out.

Then, more pain. The snake has taken a chunk out of my neck. I lie here struggling to breathe and even that is difficult.

Of course its me having a slow, painful death. I deserve it anyway.

I saw Harry and his friends come in. When Harry comes to me and tries to stop the bleeding, I try to speak.

But I couldn't. It just hurt too much.

Tears were falling down my face and I feel so vulnerable. I choke out words before my mind can acknowledge it. "Take them."

Harry deserves to know the truth. But all I wanted was Lily. 

I glance at him. He looks at me and his eyes are just like his mothers.

I can feel my breathing becoming lighter. My eyes slowly drooping.

My time has come.

One last breath. One last look into the green eyes.

I let go.

I am at peace, finally.