30

"We gotta break up"

"I was serious bout what I said Jmena that shit ain't happening"

"Well my mom kinda makin me she don't want me with you"

"Yeah yo momma weird dis our relationship not hers"

"I don't know what to do cus the only time I leave is to go with you and she not allowing that anymore so how we gonna see each other "

"Ian gon disrespect yo momma but you need to speak up for yourself"

"And say what you trynna get me kicked out"

"Man yo dad not gon let her kick you out dats his house too"

"Right I'm scared though she's really gonna be mad"

"Let her ass be mad"

"I'll try and talk to her tomorrow her and my dad got into it so I dnt wanna get into that and she explodes on me"

"Ight"he said pulling away from his blunt

"I wonder how she found out I was smoking"

"Dat lady crazy her ass was probably watching you wit a mini camera somewhere"

"Stop"

"She damn near do be watching yo every move I think yo momma trynna live through you or some shit"he shrugged

"Why you say that"

"People just be crazy ain't no reason for her to be dat mad abt shit teenagers do it was gon happen regardless"

"Maybe my grandma didn't care what my mom did while she grew up"

"dats probably why she act like that ion know though she still trynna live through you I know dat fasho"

"I see it but she don't have anything to worry about I'm 17 and you're the first person I've done anything wit besides kiss"

"First and last it ain't gon be any other niggas"

"Yeah first and last" i smiled and rolled my eyes

"Shit ion know tho she ain't stopping shit round here if it ain't you saying yo self youn want me around Ian hearing it i'a barely listen to you"

"You actually really need to should start listening to me"

"I listen not to bull shit tho"

- -

"Your little pudge"i said rubbing cypress's stomach

"My stomach is flat girl I don't know why you rubbing on me"

"Well I definitely see a little something my nephew in there"

"It's a girl"

"No it's not"

"Ok jmena"

"You've missed so much since you decided to stop talking to me"

"I just needed some time get my head straight I talked to jace and told him if he really doesn't wanna be there I'm not gonna try to force him anymore"

"What did he say"

"He still doesn't want the baby we actually talked this time though he might come around but he might not I told him about my appointment next week I honestly hope he comes around and show up"

"I'll come with you he don't have to"

"Ok It's on Thursday what's been going on with youu tho"

"My mom she doesn't like atlas at all anymore for some reason and she want us to break up"

"I don't think she really liked him from the jump Jmena"

"She went above and beyond this time though she actually said she doesn't want me with him it was a whole scene made I was very embarrassed I'm actually mad at jace now that I think about it"

"Did atlas do something"

"Eh yeah we was arguing the night before and he made me mad so I was trynna get away from him and he like grabbed me up I didn't like the way he did it so I told my momma I won't say I didn't contribute to it but she made it a big scene"

"Girl you ain't ever been snatched up by a nigga before"

"No that was... I don't even know"

"You may get used to it I personally like it"

"I'm sure you do you need Jesus in your life child"

"Girl boo you're just as un holy as me"

"No I'm definitely not as bad"

"Anyway! don't get dick whipped like me and you'll be good"

"I promise to not follow in your footsteps cypress"

"Good but ion know what to say about how your mom acted she probably don't want you to grow up fast"

"I mean it was bound to happen I didn't wanna be a 30 year old virgin"

"30 is crazy you probably shouldn't have told her about it"

"That's the thing I didn't! She just assumed stuff was going on from the start then we actually started doing stuff and now that she knows she doesn't like him more"

"That's kinda over doing it but I understand her side too"

"You told me your mom ain't care too much when she found out about you having sex so I didn't expect my momma to got crazy abt it"

"Your mom has always been protective I could expect that reaction just talk to her Jmena"

"I am"

- -

"Ma"i said knocking on her room door

"What"she said watching me walk in

"I wanna talk to you"

"About what you see I'm trynna watch tv"

"Atlas"i mumbled

"What did the boy do now I told you to stop talkin to him"

"He didn't do anything I wanted to tell you dnt wanna break up with him"

"It's not abt what you want anymore it's what you need and that's to LEAVE him alone I'm not about to do this tonight Jmena just listen to what I said"

"Why he apologized-"

"Don't question me I'm your mother I know what's best for you so do what I said and leave him alone it isn't even an option you're not allowed to have a boyfriend anymore let alone that ghetto boy"

"Huh"I looked at her with a confused face

"I'm not repeating myself Jmena get outta my face"she said rubbing her forehead

"We not breaking up ma that's not fair or right it's my boyfriend we make mistakes and I have to Learn from them"

"Why are you getting smart with me this what I'm talking about now he ain't no good for you he's influencing you to rebel against me"

"Atlas did nothing wrong and he isn't influencing me to do anything but speak up for myself couples argue that's all we did"

"I'm not doing this with you get out my room Jmena cus you done pissed me off"

"How-"

"Say something else"

I sighed and walked outta her room