1- A Kings Mate ( Volturi Kings ) - by EnasReadingNook

A Kings Mate ( Volturi Kings ) - by EnasReadingNook

Story can be found on the AO3 website (Archive of our own)

Summary:

After three hundred plus years alone She finally find what she has wanted most but not before Edward screws everyone over first by being his "Wonderful" self. The only way to fix this crap? USE HER GIFT! The gift she has always tried her best to keep hidden!

" Short story that I will possible continue later but for now it is complete and I wanted to post it. Let me know how you like it! "

Words : 2.5 k

---

CHAPTER ONE:

I sat curled up on the couch in my living room, wearing a comfortable set of pajamas with my hip length wavy hair braided over my shoulder as I listened to the fire crackling in the fireplace. I watched as the flames danced together radiating a warmth into the room that was comforting but not needed. I had not needed warmth for over three hundred years.

I focused my eyes on the flames and forced them to dim, becoming nothing more than smoldering embers before I stood and headed for my library. I felt the need to relax with a good book to settle my restless mind.

Once upon a time it would not have bothered me but as the years passed and the loneliness grew inside of me I found myself picking up more and more random hobbies to pass the endless time. It started with art. I found I quite enjoyed sketching and I would often sketch the things Id see in my dreams. Then I took up combat, learning to fight and protect myself using more than just my immortal instincts and strength. From there it was literature and languages then woodworking and metalworking. The metalworking came easier to me because I could manipulate the heat around the molten metal. It came in handy.

An endless stream of hobbies to fill my endless life.

I sighed as I reached the room at the top of the stairs that was supposed to be a bedroom. I had no need for a bedroom so instead I filled the room with rows of my favorite books. This was my safe space. A place where my mind would ease and I could feel peace if only for a short moment.

My phone buzzed in the pocket of my pajama pants so I pulled it out and saw the name flash on the screen

Alice Cullen

I blew out an irritated breath. Alice was one of the few friends I had in the world but she had not spoken to me in over a year. Why was she calling now?

I hit the answer button and spoke, "Alice, What do you want?"

"Amara please, I need your help." Her panicked voice came over the other end. I could hear the roar of an engine

Well that got my attention.

"Whats wrong Alice?" I asked in a bored tone as I reached for the closest shelf to grab my favorite copy of The Crucible .

"Its my brother Edward. Hes about to do something incredibly stupid because of a misunderstanding and I need your help! Please! Youre the only one who can help us!" She pleads as the engine's roar grows louder.

"Hes gone to them , Amara. He wants to die. He thinks his mate is dead and he wants to follow her but she's not! She's here with me!" Alice rushes out sounding a little breathless and I hear her pull away and whisper to the person next to her harshly before speaking again, "Please! I know you and Edward dont get along but hes my brother. I cant let him die!"

I frown and contemplate what to do. If hes gone to the Volturi his life is pretty much forfeit if he provokes them. Ive never met them or seen them myself but Ive heard the stories. They are to be respected and feared.