Chapter 6

Do remember
the song

...
An everlasting

Tune

Which reminded me of you

___________________________

Location: library

Third person view:

It has been some time since Mai and Earl entered the library to their research and Mai felt very uncomfortable around him how the atmosphere felt so tensed.

Him on the other hand was humming while looking at the, his eyebrows were raised a little and a small smile was playing on his  lips as continued to hum.

"Um hope you don't mind me asking but what the name of the song your humming?" Mai asked finding the oddly familiar to her.

"Mhmm,oh just a song from a music box my friend gave it a really nice melody" he replied not her any mind.

"Why do like this melody?"Mai asked simply out of curiosity.

"Why you ask? This melody simply remind me of someone and how she still tortures my heart how when I look at her knowing she doesn't remember me,oh how it tortures my soul  to know  that  the past was nothing to her  the moment was simply a dream she'd soon forget but to me it was every thing,I can still feel her with me the sweet memory of her ."Earl says with such love and sadness within his eyes.

"Wow I never thought of music in that way."Mai said looking down thinking about what he just said.

"Mhmm,Now that I think about it I've never asked what your interested in."he say trying to change the subject.

"Me, well... I like drawing and maybe listening to true crime podcasts though it kinda scary sometimes."Mai answers his while taking a book form the shelf avoiding eye contact.

"What do like about it?" Lifting his eyebrow  founding that very fascinating.

"Well I uh-"Mai was cut of by Earl leaning closer to  her.

"It's how the murder is done."he leans
closer to her

Is it the way how it makes your skin crawl,feeling like you just want to  ripe it off or  maybe you like the anticipation,the way it makes  your heart races."Earl says before looking at the in his phone.

"Well I need to go,I did enjoy this conversation."he says quickly leaving Mai in the library with her thoughts.

______________________________

Mai's pov

I slowly watched he figure leaving through the library's doors. Wondering about the interaction I just had with him.He spoke about a girl is it someone he liked or maybe the feeling it gave my thoughts were interrupted by the school bell ringing.

Looking at the I realise it's  time for my next period. I grabbing the two other books moving to the librarian's desk a to sign my  books then leaving to go meet up with April so we can walk to class,knowing   well that she is  gonna ask me about Earl.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

___________________________
-

A/N

I know into consistent with updating just wanna say thank you for reading ❤️🥰
I really appreciate it.

Bye ✌️ my yeti's.