WITHERED TREE

CHAPTER 1

WITHERED TREE

     I was brought up in a family of four,three brothers and i was the only  girl .we lived in a village were everyone saw thierselves as family,then i was a student in grade three and my brothers in college .
Papa was a farmer who planted and reaped in full,that was to tell you we never lacked essentials to put a home together.
Mama was in her middle 40s and was a tailor who sewed clothes for village women both even in the town and city,in her part of business she was doing very well and i being the only daughter i was pampered and i never lacked things .
Then a certain time came when things fell apart,it was at that point i faced the realities of life.
       Samantha"Samantha" wake up,i opened my eyes slowly to be blinded by the sun rays of the morning,i sat up on my bed and opened my eyes well to readjust to my environment,when i had fully woken up within those seconds i looked up to see my mothers hands akimbo on her waist and a pan on her hand,thats when i realized the reality of life she was waking me up to resume my duties hawking ukpa on the streets of Enugu.
   I stood up groogly washed my face took the pan and carefully arrainged the ukpa on the pan and lifted it up on my head ready to start the days hustle, my mother tucked nylon bags into my skirt pockets and waved me good luck and goodbye,as i turned my back to face the gate and go for my business,on getting to the door i pushed it slightly to go outside only to be greeted by a scream "papaaaa".