Chapter 5

--
It was a few months later. It was almost time to leave for university. Eden had already left for her university a couple weeks before and so you were alone.

Your mother was helping you pack for university. But really she was doing all the work because you hate packing.

"I can't believe my baby is all grown up and off to university!" She says smiling.

"Mom, stop. You know I don't even act my age." You say, chuckling.

"Well, remember you have to take university seriously, it's not like high school. You will fail out if you decide not to do your work. No more emailing parents warnings about failing." She explains with a more serious tone.

"Mom, I know you've told me a million and one times." You groan.

"Just making sure you have it locked in." She says as she reaches for some things in your top closet shelf.

"I'm nervous though." You sigh, staring at your ceiling.

"Of course you are, it's a big change honey. Just know we'll visit each other whenever we can, and you call me everyday!" She smiles.

"I'll try, mom." You laugh.

"Well i'm about done packing your suitcase, so if there's anything else you want to put in there, do it now, because we're leaving for the train in an hour." She tells you.
--
You and your mother are waiting at the train station for your train. You're just sitting at a table, with a small iced coffee and scrolling through instagram.

"Our trains gonna be here any minute, so be ready." Your mother tells you.

You turn your phone off and put it in your pocket. You and your mother were the last to board the train.

You sit down in your seats and wait for the train to start moving. You just stare out the window, your stomach churning with anxiety.
--
After several hours, your mother is shaking you to get up. You had fallen asleep on the way there.

"Sweetie get up, now! We're here!" She says, still shaking you.

"God, i'm too tired for this now!" You groan.

"Come on." She says with a serious tone. So you just get up and grab your suitcase and get off.
--
You and your mother grabbed something to eat and looked around for awhile before heading to your small apartment.

"Would it have been better to get a dorm instead?" You ask.

"No, an apartment is definitely better, you won't have to share with a bunch of annoying people!" She chuckles.

"You do know there's still people living there, kinda like a dorm, right?" You say sarcastically.

"Okay okay keep walking." She says with a smile.
--
A/N: i promise this isn't me getting off track with the story, and i know these first few chapters are boring but we're getting to the good part so you just gotta push thru. anyway i hope this isn't the worst story you've ever read ? 😀