Chapter 1

You had just graduated high school and you were now applying to university. You wanted to go to University of Seoul, and still be able to visit your hometown sometimes.

You were waiting patiently for acceptance emails from the universities you had applied to. You were a bit stressed out because there was a chance that the suspensions on your record from sophomore year could ruin your chances.

Sophomore year was a weird year for you. Your mother and father's marriage was hanging in by a little thread and it was messy. They had divorced and it was a messy divorce. It had caused you to act out. A lot. You haven't really been in touch with your father since.

He wanted nothing to do with you and your mother. It still bothers you to this day.

As you waited for these acceptance letters, your phone buzzes with a notification. Your best friend all throughout high school, Eden, was calling you. You shut your laptop and answer it.

"Hey, Areum, heard anything from the universities yet?" she asks with excitement in her voice.

"No, i'm STILL waiting. It's been weeks now." You groan with frustration.

"Damn, that's ridiculous. Maybe they're really busy with acceptances this season or something. But they're stupid to not let you in!" She exclaims.

"I've wanted this for so long though i'm gonna cry if they don't accept me!" You groan.

"Don't stress too much Areum, sometimes they just take awhile to get back to you." She calmly tells you.

"I hope that's the case, because it's really stressing me out." You sigh, plopping on you bed.

"Well anyway, what are you doing tonight?" She asks you once again with excitement.

"Probably killing myself." You say smiling.

"Oh come on. If you're not busy, you should go with me to the club and have some fun. You never even leave your house anymore." She says with slight pity in her voice.

"Eden, you know that I-" you start, but she cuts you off.

"Okay okay don't start giving me some bullshit excuse to not go, if you really don't want to just say it. But if you change your mind, then text me and get ready!" She says with an excited tone in her voice.

Before you could say anything else, she hangs up leaving you wondering if you should really go with her.

"God I hate people." You groan and throw your phone on the other side of your bed.

--

She had texted you and told you that if you changed your mind to be ready by 8:30 and wear something fancy, although you hated fancy clothes.

You decided to just suck it up and go with her and get it over with. Plus, she was right. You never leave your house anymore. One night out wouldn't hurt.

Only problem is you really have nothing in your closet. You dig through your closet trying to find something decent but it's just a mess with hoodies and sweaters and t-shirts. You rummage through more and suddenly you find a silky dress in the very back.

The dress you wore to homecoming in 10th grade. You've completely forgot about it until now.

You sigh in frustration because it's all you have. How do you have absolutely nothing else.

You decide to try it on anyway. You walk into your bathroom connected to your room and lay it over the counter. You haven't even touched your makeup for months. Or your curling iron.

You slide your shorts off followed by your shirt and slide the dress on. Somehow it still fits you perfectly after almost 3 years.

Although you like a monster in the mirror because you have just been laying around all day. But you have to admit, the dress is really pretty. It has thin straps that hold over your shoulders perfectly and cups your chest in a heart shape. It has a short skirt that fits your figure nicely, and it's black and sparkly. It was an expensive dress, after all.

You admire it in the mirror for a couple minutes before finally deciding to take a quick shower. you take the dress off and hang it on your door and quickly slide your clothes back on to get clean clothes and towels for your shower.

You enter the bathroom once again and take your clothes off and get into the shower. Your turn the water in and the cold water hits you, and soon the warm water runs over you, which is satisfying.

As you finish washing your hair and body, you turn off the water and get out. You wrap a towel around your hair along with another around your body. You sit on the toilet for a few minutes zones out.

After awhile, you finish blow drying you hair and combing it out. You put on a clean bra, underwear and a new shirt and shorts as you get ready. You let your hair air dry the rest of the way and you walk back into your room to check the time.

"7:54. shit." You whisper to yourself. That's not a whole lot of time to finish getting ready. But you still decide to text Eden and let her know you're in.

-"Hey, just letting you know that i'm going with you."

"Omg, that's great! I'll pick you up at 8:30!!"

You sigh in disappointment. You really don't feel up to it, but you go anyway.

You walk back in your bathroom and pick up your curling iron. You don't even remember know how to use this thing. You ended up having to ask your mom for help.

--

A/N: So i'm just ending this chapter here because it's already extremely long for the first chapter and I need to save some room for other chapters. Also i know it probably seems like i'm getting way off topic and maybe i am, but this is only the beginning and we're working up to the point. Anyways read on and enjoy😉