Chapter 20

You laid there in bed for what felt like years. At this point, all you wanted was to at least be able to keep your eyes closed. You laid there, flat on the bed, your arms resting on your stomach and legs crossed.

Finally after staring at the ceiling, you wondered what time it was, taking your eyes off the ceiling and looking over at the clock on the small bedside table. 3:51 a.m.

'Holy shit.' You think to yourself. Your face was all puffy from crying and you couldn't breathe through your nose anymore, and on top of that your mouth was now dried out. You didn't know if you were crying because of the strange argument with your mother or something else. You assumed it was probably because of that argument.

You decide to get up and walk down to the kitchen to get some water and try to calm down. You make sure to be as quiet as possible, slowly opening the door and walking on your tip toes down the hall, and down the stairs. You walk into the kitchen, turning on your phone flashlight.

You swiftly walk over to the cabinet, pulling out a cup, then over to the sink, filling it with water.

You lean against the edge of the sink, guzzling the water, and quickly refilling it. On your second cup of water, you hear footsteps walking toward the kitchen. You immediately froze, not knowing who it could be or what it was, and a million thoughts raced your mind at once.

You sat the cup down, accepting that you were probably about to get shot in the head by a random intruder when you see a figure approaching the entrance of the kitchen, hiding your face in your hands and squeezing your eyes shut.

The lights turn on after a few seconds, and you didn't dare look up. Until you heard a familiar voice.

"Uh... Areum...?" The voice asks hesitantly, and you immediately recognized it as Chan's voice. You peek up from behind your hands, immediately feeling your heart rate slow down.

"Holy shit." You mumble, putting your hand over your heart.

"What are you doing down here at this hour?" He questions, leaning slightly against the island.

"Now hold up, I just thought I was about to get murdered in someone else's house, and you're worried about what i'm doing up?-" You retort, pointing your finger at him.

"Getting murdered.." He says sarcastically with a smirk on his face.

"I just need a minute, hold up." You put your hand up, using the other to grab the cup again and drink the rest of the water in it.

"Hey, please answer my question." He says with a sweet tone, walking around the island closer to you.

"What question..?" You look back up at him, confused.

"Well, why are you up so late?" He tilts his head a little, crossing his arms.

"Well I couldn't sleep for awhile, then when I was finally able to my mother called in the middle of the night and got into a huge yet strange argument with me, and I haven't been able to sleep since." You said, looking to the side.

You looked back up at him, furrowing your eyebrows. "Wait, why are you up so late?" You question.

He chuckled at this. "I was asleep for awhile but i randomly woke up, and now i'm wide awake." He responded.

"Damn, I hate when that happens." You said, zoning out somewhere. He then walked over toward you, grabbing your cup off the counter and filling it up with water.

You look back over at him. "That was my cup." You watch as he drinks from it, raising your eyebrows.

"I'm thirsty." He replies, refilling it again.

"I just got over a cold, it's kinda gross." You said again, tilting your head slightly, watching him once again gulp the water down.

"I drink after the guys all the time, stop being such a germaphobe." He said jokingly.

"Well nice knowing that because that cup is yours now" You said, laughing. He laughed along with you.

"You should really try and sleep now, it's super late." He tells you, walking back over to the island.

"I really really want to, but it's one of those nights where sleep is out of the question." You say, sighing.

"Damn, I'm sorry." He responds quietly.

You smile. "Nah don't be. Actually it's probably because I took a long ass nap today."

"I have that problem too" He laughed.

"Well anyway, I think I'm gonna at least go back and lay down. Maybe if I try hard enough I can fall asleep. Goodnight." You smile at him, walking out of the kitchen and back up to the guest room you were staying in.

(edited that last part 10.3.23 lol)

(a/n) i kinda want to make a 'chans pov' but it just seems so unnecessary😭 it's just not that deep

our homecoming dance was tonight and I didn't wanna go so now my friend is there all alone and i feel bad🥲 but def don't regret not going bc i'm tired asf

(9.26.23 [ignore this and read on ]) . 
⬇️