Deep Thoughts About You

I always wonder... why I can't help but adore you all these years. I'm among the luckiest people in the world because I've met you in this lifetime.

Sure, your smile it's like sunshine in foggy weather. Your eyes glisten like gemstones so rare that it might take eons to dig up and discover them. Your voice is like a calming rain that comforts my lonely nights. People around you cannot help but look at you whenever you walk. Whenever you talk, there is always a hint of playfulness and seriousness at the same time. I often feel relieved whenever you open up about what you have been doing at work, the Church, or anything personal about you. Of course, your relentless "bullying" sometimes caught me off guard, but I laugh it off because I know that's your kind of humor. You always have this charm that I cannot simply explain, and maybe that is why people see you as a reliable, responsible, honest, and wonderful human being.

As years went by, I learned to accept you as a person. There were a lot of times that I saw you crying. We even had some petty fights that we cannot even recall what we were fighting about in the first place. I was not even spared your silent treatment. Only a few times did I see you really angry, but I know you're still trying to keep yourself patient and calm. I usually tell myself that you are a fragile person. Like everyone else, you have some hardships you cannot even tell anyone about. It makes me feel like I want to protect you. You do not deserve to be hurt by anyone at all.

I can still remember the last time that we have seen each other. The picture is still evident in my mind. We have promised that we will meet soon. I never thought it might take months or years to see each other again.

I cannot help but think about what to say to you personally if the time comes that we will meet again. Will I still hear your cheerful and loud laughter? Will I still feel the warmth of your embrace? Will we take our time to reminisce? Even though I have these questions, one thing is for sure: I will surely tell you that I miss you.