Summer Bash Part 1

3rd person POV:

It is mid August and school is about to begin. The gang isn't too excited about that, but they are really looking forward to the Shepherd's end of summer party. The Shepherd gang is wild and they like to throw wild parties. Most of the parties get busted by the cops before anything too big happens, but sometimes they get out of hand.

Darry said that the boys couldn't go. Pony and Johnny understood, but the older boys had a plan. Two-bit and Dally thought of it and wanted to see if they could get away with it. They convinced Steve and Soda to join them.

The plan was to tell Darry that they were going to the bowling alley for one of their all night glow up parties. Two-bit wanted to ask Tim Shepherd, the leader of the Shepherd gang, to tell Darry that they had moved the date of the party. Dally knew that there was no way that Tim would lie to Darry about that, but it didn't hurt to ask.

Dally's POV:

I was walking with Two-bit and Steve to go over to Shepherd's place. We're good friends and we like to cause trouble together. I knew that Tim would let us come to the party and wouldn't tell Darry unless he is asked, but I don't think that he will lie to Darry for us.

"Shepherd, you hear?" I asked as I let myself and the boys into the house.

"Kitchen," was yelled back. We walked in to see Tim cooking lunch for his brother and sister. Tim is a lot like Darry when it comes to his siblings, protective and caring. Although, Tim isn't shy about putting either of them in their place. "What are y'all doing here?"

"We got a question for you," Steve said getting right to the point.

"Okay," Tim said curiously. "What is it?" We gave him the lay out of the plan and asked him to help. "No fucking way. I am not lying to Darry for y'all. You are welcome to come to the party and I won't say anything, but I am not risking my neck with Darry. We've gone at it before, it did not end well for me, and that was just in high school."

I knew this was a stupid idea. "We get it. Thanks for hearing us out. We'll be by at around ten. Make sure that there's plenty of beer," I said as I shuffled the boys out, wanting to get away from the awkwardness.

"Well, that didn't work," Two-bit said, stating the obvious. I rolled my eyes at him and Steve sighed. 

We went back to the house where Soda, Johnny, and Ponyboy were waiting for Darry to get home. Soda knew where we were going, but Johnny and Pony didn't. Johnny gets really nervous when he is hiding something and Pony can't lie for shit. Plus, if Pony knew, he would want to come. The is no way in hell that we would bring him, but then he might get upset and tell Darry.

Soda's POV:

I feel bad lying to Johnny and Pony. I know that I can't tell them, but I'm not used to lying to them. I wish that they could come, but it's not safe for them at this party. I can't always watch them and make sure that they're safe. I know that there will be drugs. I don't plan on taking any and I'm pretty sure that the others feel the same way.

They boys got home before Darry and we went to mine and Pony's shared room to talk. They told me that it didn't go well, but they don't think that Tim will tell Darry. We hung out at the house the rest of the day. Darry came home about an hour after the boys arrived. At five, we started on making dinner and everyone helped, as always. We finished eating, cleaned up, and watched tv until around nine-thirty. Two-bit was driving and told Darry that the bowling alley was open until four. Darry said to be home by two-thirty.

As I was about to head out the door, Pony stopped me. "Soda, Darry said that me and Johnny can come with you," I froze as he said it. 

"Sorry kiddo, but it's gonna be just us tonight," I felt awful. He looked like he was going to says something but I cut him off and said, "How about I take you and Johnny to Dairy Queen next weekend? My treat."

I could see that he was disappointed. "No," he almost shouted at me. "Darry said that we can come. I want to go bowling!" He was starting to throw a fit and I could tell that he wasn't going to let this go. I quickly grabbed him and pulled him to the kitchen where no one could hear us.

"Ponyboy, listen to me. What I am about to tell you is not to be repeated, especially to Darry and Johnny," I said in my stern, big brother voice. He nodded, so I continued, "You can't come because we aren't going bowling. We are going to the Shepherd's party." His eyes got really big.

"I want to come," he said, giving me his best puppy dog eyes. I wish that I could've said yes, but I just couldn't. 

"No," I said. "You can't come and you can't tell anybody that we're going. I need you to promise that you won't tell. I will do your chores for two weeks and take you to the library whenever you want. Please Ponyboy," I said giving him my best puppy eyes.

"Fine," I smiled and hugged him. I have the best little brother. I said goodbye to him and told him to tell Johnny that he changed his mind about going and that he wants to go to the movies instead.

When I got to the car, Steve asked me what took so long. I told them all what happed and that I fixed it. "Fuck," Dally said. He definitely didn't think that Pony could keep this to himself.

"I promise that he won't say anything. I made a deal with him and he wants me to come through with it." I assured, hoping that I was right.

We made it to the the party around ten and met up with Tim. It was in the middle of the old woods that nobody ever came to and was far enough away that nobody would hear us. There was loud music and people were dancing as the alcohol took its affect on them. We each got a beer from the cooler and sat by the fire that Tim and some of his buddies were at. We talked for a while, admiring the view of the girls dancing. Dally decided to go talk to some of the girls and Two-bit joined him. Steve and I stayed by the fire and drank a few more beers.

Around 1, a new group of people showed up. Brumly Boys. If you think that the Shepherds are wild, you won't after meeting the just one of the Brumlys. They are constantly on something, whether it's alcohol, weed, or drugs, and always looking for trouble. They are known for putting drugs in people's drinks, to get them hooked, and to get more customers. Darry has warned us, that if we ever see a Brumly, to leave immediately. They are dangerous. I didn't think that Tim would allow them at his party. 

I was right because Tim got up and told the leader, Billy, to take his guys and go. No one tells Billy what to do, so I wasn't surprised when he laughed at Tim. I was, however, surprised to see Tim swing at Billy and land it across the left side of his face. After that, all hell broke loose. 

I turned to Steve and said, "Help me find Dally and Two. We gotta go before this gets worse." He nodded and got up with me to search. "Two-bit! Dally!" I exclaimed, trying to get us out as fast as I could. It was hard because I was pretty wasted and so was Steve. I turned to my right and saw someone. It was Two-bit and he had Dally by the arm. I yelled for him and thankfully he heard me.

They both reached us and Two said, "Had to drag him away from a Brumly. Damn idiot was trying to get into the fight." I know Two-bit was pissed and he wasn't going to let this go if we all make it out of here alive.

We made it to the car and that's when we heard it. Sirens. All of us jumped into the car, but before we could pull away, a bunch of cop cars surrounded us. Shit.

Author's notes:

I hope that you enjoy the first part to this story. Let me know what you think and give me suggestions for other stories that you would like to see.