Summer Bash Part 2

Soda's POV:

Shit. I looked around at the once dark forest to see nothing but red and blue lights surrounding us. We are so dead. 

The cops ordered us out of the car. Police are known for being rough with greasers, so when I was thrown against the car and placed into tight handcuffs, it didn't shock me. I stay quite around cops and always do as I'm told. You never know when you're going to piss off the wrong cop. Steve is somewhat the same and does as he's told. Two-bit and Dally, on the other hand, are a completely different story. Two-bit spews out jokes nonstop and Dally is just rude. I understand that Dally has had a bad past with the cops. He doesn't trust any of them. Two-bit just never knows when to shut up even if it will keep him out of the line of fire of an angry pig.

The cops decided to split up Two and Dally. They stuck Steve and Dally in one car and Two-bit and I in another. I feel bad for Steve. Dally's anger tends to be explosive. I hope that Dally can control himself for the ride to the station.

Steve's POV:

I hate to admit it, but I am scared shitless. Cops always put me on edge and Dally is fuming. Thankfully the cops that are in the car with us are ignoring Dally's rage. It doesn't help that he isn't thinking straight with all of the alcohol in his system. I'm not a big drinker like the rest of the boys, but I did have a few. Although, getting arrested sure has its way of sobering someone up.

Dally was able to keep quiet for most of the ride, only muttering a few curses when we took a sharp turn and he hit the door while I slid into him. When we arrived at the station, Dally started to cause a scene. The cop opened the door and Dally flew at him. I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish, other than to show his displeasure with being arrested, because he was still in handcuffs and wasn't going to get anywhere. When he rushed the cop, three others came over to help restrain him. It wasn't until I yelled his name that he finally calmed down.

When we got inside, I saw Soda and Two-bit sitting in chairs, one hand cuffed to the arm of the chair. The cops sat me down and did the same to me. Because of how Dally acted outside, the cops were a little more weary of him. They cuffed both of the wrists to the chair and shackled his ankles to the legs. Both Two-bit and Soda gave me a questioning look, but I just shook my head, telling them that they didn't want to know.

Two-bit POV:

This is fucking bullshit. Other than the alcohol, we didn't do anything wrong. Except, maybe Dally. I have no clue what he did to earn his restraints, but I bet it was worth it.

The cop who brought me and Soda in came over to talk to us. "My name is Officer Ryan. You boys are in quite a bit of trouble. You could be facing drug charges, but I'm gonna make a deal with y'all because of how many kids we got here and the fact that it looked like y'all were trying to leave when we got there," he stated in a kind manner. "If all of you can get a parent to come pick you up, we won't charge you." 

"I'm eighteen. I don't need a parent," I told the cop.

"Would you like to be charged as an adult then?" he asked. I shook my head no. "Okay then. I'm going to need the numbers for your parents." I hope my mom will come get me.

Soda, Steve, and I all gave our parents' numbers to Officer Ryan. Soda explained that his brother was his legal guardian. Dally said that his dad wouldn't come. "Would it be possible for my brother to sign for Dally?" Soda asked, with as much charm he could muster.

"I would prefer a parent for him, seeing as how he likes to cause trouble," the officer stated. "Fine, what the hell. I don't want to do the paperwork anyway."

"Thank you so much, sir," Soda said eagerly. We then waited for him to make all of the phone calls. Officer Ryan came back and told us that all of our parents were coming. I sighed in relief. My mom always comes through for me. I'm surprised that Steve's dad is coming, so is Steve.