Fly Octo Fly

Shaking. An alarm. Red lights that flashed through the green liquid that surrounded him. Bubbles arose from his mouth as he was startled awake, his mind and his vision left equally blurry. He didn't understand much of what was happening, he couldn't even fully grasp the feeling that he was floating; he just largely felt numb. He looked over; the darker-skinned female was next to him, staring outward. He blinked and followed her gaze, but wasn't able to see much before the world around him jolted yet again. The liquid around him started gushing forward as the glass ahead of them broke, pulling them both along with it.

He was thrown to the floor as liquid splashed everywhere around him, leaving him to gasp for air as the freezing air bit his skin. He gasped again and loudly panted, curling up tightly as his eyes shot around. Again, his vision remained blurry, but he could still make out the figure above him, the terrifying mask briefly glancing back at him. Panting still, and more terrified than ever, he slowly started to get up, shakily scrambling to his feet. His legs were still numb, however, and he wasn't able to make it far before more masked figures appeared before him. A small scream escaped his mouth as he tried to turn the other way, but was unable to escape as they grabbed him.

G2PL19 then awakened from his nightmare, his eyes opening wide as he panted even more, taking a moment to control his breathing. This wasn't the first time he had that nightmare, nor would it probably be the last, but it was easily his most important memory. The memory that haunted him the most. After he was again breathing steadily, he sat up, alone in his private Octarian quarters. The black clothes on his body, his pink Octoling mohawk hair, and his codename were the only things that gave him identity. As far as his personal life went, nearly all of it was just in this room, with the sad, metal walls and all of his personal thoughts that belonged only to himself.

He hung his feet over the edge of his pathetic, small bed, as he sighed and rubbed his face. He sat there for a few minutes in silence, thinking to himself, before his time was cut off by a banging sound on his door.

"G2PL19." An Octotrooper's voice said to him from the outside. "Get up. No more late mornings. Last warning." He finished with a last thud.

He sighed. With that, it was right back to the same work he did every day without a break. Except, well... today was going to be different. It had to be different. Today, he was finally going to make a change, for better or worse. Anxiously, he got up, got changed into his armor, and then reached for his open mask. He stared at it before putting it on, allowing it to form around his head before he grabbed his weapon and headed out.

New Squidbeak Splatoon: Ascension

Part I- The Galaxy's Union

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a dark morning, in a small, window-less, triangle-shaped bedroom, that contained not much more than a bed, a dresser that was inside the wall like a closet, and a few Off the Hook decorations spread out around the room. Actually, there wasn't much of a method to tell if it was morning or not. There wasn't even a proper way to tell time. Instead, a small device rested nearby the bed, every once in a while giving clicks to signify when it was time to do tasks like eating, or waking up. Marina, with her taste of music, called them 'beats', and it was how they told time now.

She made a different click sound as she plugged a headphone jack into her phone, and slipped her headphones on over her ears, playing the opening lyrics to Ebb & Flow. A small paper photograph fumbled through her fingers, before resting under her thumb as it faced her. It was a simple picture: It was herself, smiling and holding the camera at a small house party set at her old house, along with the grinning Pearl, who was behind Marina with her hand behind Marina's head in a 'bunny ears' pose. Bridgett was in front of them, a shy smile on her face and a black headband on her head.