Our Property

Nothing but defeat was in the air for the Splatoon agents when they were hauled into Octavio Tower after their arrest in Seashore Twentletine. They were led down the bright halls, yet again in a single-file line, by an abundant amount of Tartar-Bots and Eightfolds that had them completely surrounded. Eva was in front of the group, her eyes and face red from her tears as she stared blankly ahead. Her children had already been hauled off to God knows where... and she knew she wasn't going to see them again.

As they were led down the halls on their designated path, it wasn't too long before they came across Lydia and Marina, who were standing off to the side, waiting for them to come by. Eva and Oliver both made eye-contact with Lydia as they passed, but they said nothing to each other, only allowing their eyes to do the talking. The look between Eva and Lydia was particularly sad; It was tragic how quickly their relationship had come to an end... and for what, Lydia wondered? Was she truly destined to never have a family?

"Marina?" Callie asked upon seeing her former co-agent.

Marina looked down and avoided eye contact with her former team.

"Marina, you have to tell them to let us go!" She struggled against her energy bonds. A Tartar-Bot held her back and kept them moving. "Marina, please! This isn't you! You don't have to do this! Please, Marina! MARINA!"

"Quiet." A Tartar-Bot replied.

Marina and Lydia followed from behind as they were led down the last halls and toward the red entryway outside of Octavio's throne room. The team of Eightfolds of which Eva was once a part stood in a line in their designated spots along the walls.

As they stood in silence, Oliver stared ahead at Eva. He hadn't had a lot of time to process that she had the Tecca surname, just as his own lineage did. All he could do now... was hope for the best for her. He couldn't imagine what kind of pain she must've been in right now. He leaned forward slightly, whispering to her. "It's ok, Eva... we'll get out of this. I promise you we'll get out of this."

Eva didn't respond. She didn't even so much as move her eyes. She was even holding her breath. It was like she had died inside.

"You are here to be sentenced by King Octavio himself." An Eightfold announced. "You will take no action, you will mind your manners, and you will answer all of the King's questions without lie. Glory to the Octarians."

When the large double-doors opened, the prisoners were all led down the thin walkway in the large, dark throne room. As per Octavio's usual presentation, the room was slowly lit up as they walked down, until they were met with Octavio's massive throne, which turned to them.

Octavio stared them all down. The Splatoon agents, especially Jaxon and Lucy, all stared back, with fury in their eyes. Eva's stare remained more blank.

"Well..." Octavio finally spoke. "There's been so much that just happened, I don't even know where to start with this one. This one's a doozy."

Marina gulped before she stepped up. "My King-" She was interrupted as the guards in the room turned their weapons on her.

"No, no. Let her talk." Octavio waved them off.

As they stood down, Marina looked up at him again. "I wanted to apologize for allowing things to get to this point... a lot of what has happened here is my fault... but you don't need to proceed with these punishments."

"And why's that?"

"Because there's a more civil way we can do this-"

"What do you know about civil ways, Ms. Ida?" He inched the throne forward, facing her down.