||ᴢᴀᴄᴋ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ||

As the world caves in - Matt Maltese

Angst?

POV: you replaced Pepe and went with Zack to defeat bayon but things go wrong (also y'all r dating here)

You put your final suit on
I paint my fingernails

You are hiding behind a tree as zack fires another round of darts towards bayon. Things are not looking well for you or Zack, you've been stabbed in the arm and in your leg while zack is starting to run out of bullets.

Oh, we're going out in style, babe
And everything's on sale

Zack comes to sit by you as your leaning against the tree. "He caught the darts.." He says out of breath. At that point you start panicking, you didn't wanna die. " I can't shake the feeling that he knows our every move.. He knows what he's doing he's letting us play into his traps-" Zack cuts you off by grabbing and squeezing your hand " Calm down y/n, change of plans I'll handle him alone. You take this weapon and join Oliver as fast as you can. Oliver will know what to do"

We creep up on extinction
I pull your arms right in

You look at him in shock "No I'm not gonna leave you here" You start, " We can both make it out alive we can do it-" Zack cuts you off again, he looks at you " Your arm is bleeding out so is your leg your not okay to fight him, I got this just go, please..." He finishes.

You notice he had a flash bomb in his free hand, he was ready for you to leave but you didn't want to, you couldn't. You couldn't leave with yourself if you left him here to die. You knew well he could handle himself he's done it a million times but not with bayon the second most strongest demon.

You slowly got up to face bayon. He looked bored as if you guys fighting for your life is boring for him. You had a plan to distract bayon so Zack can run, he's a medic and your just a lookout he's more important to this plan than you.

I weep and say, "Goodnight, love"
While my organs pack it in

At this point zack is begging you to just run, he loves you more than anything, he didn't want to see you get hurt anymore. When Oliver first said that you'll be backing him up he tried to protest but Oliver said that it would work out fine. Now look we're he is.

After you two started dating he would always protect you and he lived up to his promise he couldn't just fail now.

And here it is, our final night alive
And as the earth burns to the ground

Zack got up to face you, you needed him to get out of your way you made yourself a little promise in your head that you wouldn't let anything happen to him.

Suddenly, you heard zack whisper into your ear he said "I love you". Your eyes widened, you knew what he was about to to but before you can protest you heard a loud bang and felt yourself being pushed out of the way.

You knew what he had done but it was too late with your ears ringing you ran, you ran to were Oliver was. You hated that you left zack alone but you were praying that he would be okay that bayon would somehow just drop dead.

If only that was the case

...

Oh, it's you I watch TV with
As the world, as the world caves

What happened. You laid down on the ground, your eyes slowly opening. The last thing you remember is reaching to Oliver before everything black. Zack. What happened to zack, you tried to get up but failed as a sharp pain went through your arm.

"Hey you should be careful" you heard, you turn your head and saw violet. Your happy to see someone you know but you start to panicky ask her about Zack. She cuts you off as soon as she heard zacks name and told you that he was hurt but he's stable. She helped you get up and helped you walk towards Zack.

Oh, it's you that I lie with
As the atom bomb locks in

You were horrified that he was severely injured but you were glad he was alive. Violet let you sit next to him while she went off to fight Lewis with Nigel. You were just patting his hair and being gentle with him hoping that he would wake up there and then.

Yes, it's you I welcome death with
As the world, as the world caves in

...

A/N: I wanna make a complete angst post but I can't bring myself to do so😭😭 like ugh anywayyyy this is not proof read so m sorry if there's any spelling errors yea I hoped you liked this chapter byeeee