||ᴢᴀᴄᴋ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ||

Hurt?/Comfort.

...

" it's not your fault" you say to Zack as he has his hands covering his face. "It feels like it is" he says barely above a whisper.

A little girl, Charlie died today. She was here for a couple of months, she was only 9 years old. She got attached to zack after he saved her. She saw him as a brother and zack saw her as a little sister.

She got severely injured a week ago but today she let go. Zack tried his best but in the end it seems like she was ready to let go.

Now zack was laying in bed with his hands covering his face. You knew no matter what you told him, he would still blame himself for not being enough. That's just Zack.

You sat down next to Zack and rubbed his leg up and down gently as a way to comfort him. At times like this it's just best to comfort him. Sometimes he won't even eat or take care of himself properly which worries you.

You didn't know how to help him, when he gets like this it's hard to get him out of it. "You did everything you could, you know she would hate to see you like this" you told him.

Zack could feel the tears running down his face as he tried to wipe them, but they just kept on coming.

You knew it was best to let him cry, just to let him cry till his heart is content. And you did just that.

You pulled zack in for a hug, he was clinging onto you for dear life. As if when he'll let go you'll disappear.

He cried and vented to you for a couple of minutes, but to him it felt like hours. He was now lying down on your chest, his hand underneath your shirt drawing shapes on your stomach, and his head under your chin.

Surprisingly it's something that zack always does, he'll put his hand under your shirt and just lay it there. Most of the time he won't even mean it in a sexual way it's comforting for him.

Zack looked up and you, "thank you for this" He said softly. You figured he needed to let everything out and he did.

"Anytime" you said softly.

And just like that he feel asleep, you decided to let him rest, he needed it. In the morning you'll check up on him to make sure everything's okay.

A/N: the end was kinda rushed but we don't talk abt it ᵕ̈  also I'm gonna do a "surprise" one shot the next time you'll see a chapter soo yea. Anyway byeee