1

~Taylor is 16, Karlie is 16.~

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Taylor! we've only got two more days to pack everything up and your room looks like it hasn't been touched!"

Andrea screeches from downstairs.

Taylor sighs, and turns on her swivel chair to look at her room. "I'm busy!" She yells back.

"Busy doing what?" Andrea's footsteps start to become louder as she stomps up the staircase to find her daughter, sitting in a chair, doing nothing.

"Um, nothing?" Taylor winces, as she spins to look at her mom.

"Taylor, honey, I know you don't want to, but this'll be a fresh start for us! You and Austin are going to state-of-the-art schools,  your father's getting a new job, one that pays well, might I add."

Andrea slowly walks into Taylor room, and gestures for Taylor to come sit with her on the bed.

Taylor rolls her eyes, then walks over to plonk down beside her mother, and cuddles in close.

"It's probably really boring there," Taylor says sadly, as her cat Meredith slinks up to join Taylor and her mom. "You know, Mere's gonna get bored while I'm gone, right?" Taylor looks up at her mom, gently stroking Meredith's head.

'We'll get Mere a friend. Now, please if you could just try and get started on your bookcase, because for all I know, it's gonna take a year just to pack your romance books." Andrea jokes, and helps Taylor up before patting her uselessly on the back.

"Yep, thanks mom."

Taylor walks off and stands in front of her book case, with her hands on her hips. "This is gonna take a while." She sighs, and starts packing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RING RING!

"Karlie? could you please answer the phone?" Tracy Kloss yells from upstairs, her voice echoing through the house.

'GET KIMBY TO ANSWER IT! I'M BUSY!" Karlie yells from the sofa in the living room, where she's sitting watching "Friends". Karlie is in fact not busy.

"NO, KARLIE, I LITERALLY CANNOT WASTE A SECOND! DAN IS GONNA BE HERE IN 2 MINUTES, I DON'T HAVE THE TIME! YOU DO IT!" Karlie's younger sister screeches from her room.

"NO!" Karlie complains, getting up from the sofa to start an argument.

"OH, COME ON KARLIE PICK IT UP, IT'S PROBABLY ONE OF THE MANY, MANY BOYS THAT WANNA FUCK YOU!" Kimby yells bravely.

"LANGUAGE!" Kimby's twin Kariann calmly yells from the backyard, sitting in a hammock reading a book.

"EVERYONE BE QUIET, KARLIE, ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE AND ALL OF YOU STOP YELLING LIKE BANSHEES!"

Kurt Kloss's deep voice rings throughout the entire home, and everyone goes silent, as Karlie reluctantly gets up to answer the phone.

"Jeezus"

She picks up the phone, and lets out a sigh.

"Hello?"

"Hey Karlie, this is Miss Crawford, your dorm mistress from last year?"

"Oh, hi! did you want to talk?"

"Yes, actually. There's a new girl coming from Nashville to live in your dorm, and her parents are a bit worried about her not fitting in, they were just wondering if there might be anyone available to help her for the first few weeks, and you instantly came to mind, Karlie. You're a very kind and caring person, would you want to do it?"

"I'm flattered! yes, I would love to help. Oh, also, what's her name? you know, just so I have some details."

"Oh, her name is Taylor Swift."

Taylor Swift? that's a pretty name."