15

Okay so I've definitely fucked up the whole timeline here, but there's gonna be some main rules for now: any songs that are featured/mentioned don't have to be released in that year, except for taylor's own songs, which will be featured accordingly to the years.
This fanfiction is set in 2013. which means karlie and taylor have their 2013 appearances. (the karlie bob era, and the red taylor bangs era). They're both 17. But somehow I'm gonna make it that Taylor is still that couple months older, so let's just say that Taylor was born in June, two months older than Karlie.
"red" is to be released one year later than original, so october 2013. sorry for the long wait lol i'm so shit at this. anyway enjoy!

"What've you got on today?" Karlie asks Taylor as they both brush their teeth.
"Boobur caday." Taylor says, mouth full of toothpaste.
Karlie restrains a laugh.
"I'm sorry, what?" She asks again.
Taylor looks at her ridiculously, before she spits out her toothpaste.
"Bluebird cafe. I'm doing a gig." Taylor says nonchalantly, fixing her long hair in the mirror, trying to make it sit right.
Karlie's face lights up. "Can I come?"
"Ha, imagine. No." Taylor replies sharply.
"You're so mean." Karlie says, crossing her arms and facing away from Taylor, causing her to giggle.
"Too bad. Go and swim or something. Or sleep. Or bake. I don't mind." Taylor says to Karlie kindly, patting her on the back as she walks out the bathroom, leaving Karlie confused on what to do.
~~~~~~~~~~
Karlie's pov

I should not be doing this. She specifically told me not to come. Well, too bad.
I am doing it.
I'm quietly sneaking in through the back before Taylor's set starts.
She's sitting in a chair in the middle of the stage, tuning a guitar, cursing quietly under her breath as she accidentally tunes the wrong string.
"Pst!" I whisper as loudly as possible.
Taylor looks up suddenly, obviously hearing me. She looks around the stage with a confused face, before sighing and going back to tuning her guitar.
"Pst!" I say a little louder this time.
Taylor doesn't hear this time.
"What are you doing here?" And old man comes up behind me, and begins to grab my wrist to drag me off backstage.
This catches Taylor's attention.
"Karlie! You idiot! She jogs to me and the man, frowning.
"Casper, let her go please." She sighs, grabbing my other wrist.
Casper frowns. "She's not supposed to be here." He says, looking down at me, scowling.
"Please let her stay? She's my- uh... she's my girlfriend, it's my first show, I want to have her near me." Taylor says with an unsureness in her voice.
My jaw drops, I look at Taylor. Taylor winks sneakily. Casper lets go of my wrist. "Fine. But this is not happening again, you hear me Swift?" He growls,  pointing at Taylor, before stomping off.

Taylor smiles, and I put my arm around her jokingly. "So, girlfriend, are you gonna preform or not?" I snicker, as Taylor shoves me away, smiling. "Okay, okay. I'm starting now. Just sit here." She walks back on stage, waving to me.

The gig was only 25 minutes, but it felt like a whole concert. I've never seen her perform live before, and she has this amazing talent to really immerse the listener in her songs, playing the guitar with a lot of emotion and rawness. I almost swear I saw her tear up a bit during this song called "All Too Well", but that might've just been me.

she comes off the the stage grinning widely at the sound of people clapping and cheering, and walks up to me.

i envelope her in a giant hug, squeezing her tight. "so, girlfriend. did you enjoy it?" Taylor asks me, looking up.

i giggle. "i loved it."

Taylor laughs, dragging me down the stairs. "Wanna get coffee?" She asks, eyes wide.
I smile. "Of course!
—————————
After they get back, they're sitting on opposite ends of the couch, reading.
Taylor's phone chimes quietly.
"Wanna go for a drive to the lookout? I'll bring the wine lol"
Taylor looks up at Karlie, to find the taller girl is already staring at her, a small smile on her face, her phone in her hand.
Taylor smiles back at Karlie, and shoots a text back.
"Sounds nice. Can't wait to get up to some bad girl shit."
They both get up from the couch, not saying a word, but still understanding what they need to do.