17

Taylor woke up feeling totally fine the next morning, just baffled by how playful Karlie was acting the night before.

she stepped out the shower, washing all the tension out of her back and staring at herself in the mirror.

I hate my hair.

Taylor frowned, and started pulling at it, trying to make it look good. After a while she gave up, hurtling herself down the stairs to find karlie cooking pancakes on the stove.

"morning sunshine." taylor said happily, wrapping her arms around karlie's waist.

"well, good morning to you too. i hope you like pancakes." karlie replies, ending her sentence awkwardly.

taylor scoffs.

"after you say something like that, you're supposed to say 'because' and then whatever you wanna say. why didn't you say anything?" taylor jokes, opening the fridge and pouring herself a cup of orange juice.

"i ended the sentence there because it was funny." the brunette replies simply.

"mhm." taylor says coyly, sipping loudly on her juice.

"but why was it funny?" she continues, tilting her head in confusion.

karlie sighs angrily, turning around and staring at taylor.

the blonde just bursts into laughter.

"haha very funny."

"unlike your little sentence."

"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE A SONGWRITER AND A GENERAL LITERATURE CRITIC?"

"IT'S MY JOB!"