Dinner Date

Thoughts are underlined

So it's been about 4 days since Sam asked me to come with him and Dean and so far I'm enjoying it. Pretty much as soon as we got here found the demon that violently killed that girl. Then we had another hunt yesterday and it was a simple salt and burn, which honestly felt really weird because we have never had anything that simple in a long time.

Dean had left the hotel to go to the bar and won't be back until tomorrow so me and Sam went to a different hotel room far away from Dean.

"I don't know about you but I'm hungry" I said "I am to" Sam said "well in that case I'll go get us something to eat ok" I said grabbing my keys "I'll come to" Sam said "you sure, you look pretty tired" I said "yeah, I want to spend time with you" he said "ok we'll I wait in the car" I said "ok I'm coming" he said. I walked out of the hotel room and to my car I got in a waited for Sam. "Hey?!" Sam said loudly "yeah, why'd you yell?" I questioned "I got in like a minute ago I think you zoned out" he replied "oh, sorry" I said "what the fuck" I said "what?" Sam said "the car won't start" I said getting out of the car. I signaled Sam to pop the hood and he did and got out after.

"What's wrong with it" Sam questioned "I don't know yet" I said. While I was looking at it I noticed that two of my spark plugs were practically black. "Well that can't be good" I said "what can't be good" Sam said "two of my spark plugs are practically black" I said "yeah that's not good, how are you going to get the spark plugs if you can't drive your car" Sam asked "we'll I guess I walk it really not the far" I said "I'll be right back ok" I added.

"Okay, just be careful" Sam said "ok" I said. I started walking to the AutoZone which was about 10 minutes away from the hotel. Once I got there I got the spark plugs for my car and started to head back. "Hey I'm back" I said "Hey did you get the spark plugs" sam said putting his phone away quickly "yeah? I did why did you put you phone away so quickly" I said with a hint of anger in my voice. Why did he put his phone away so fast. He can't be cheating on me there's no way, god please don't be cheating on me. "Will you help me with these please" I said "yeah sure" Sam said. It took us about 5 minutes to fix it then after we started heading to the diner that was in the town that we were in. We pulled in but Sam didn't get out of the car.

"Sam you coming?" I asked confused "can I talk to you please" he asked oh god, he's going to tell me he was cheating. "Yeah sure" I said as I got back on the car "so, I just want you to know that I am not cheating on you, I know you saw me put my phone away quickly but that's not what I was doing, instead I was getting us a dinner reservation for tonight" he said, "wait what" I asked really confused "yeah, I was hoping you would go out with me" he said "I... I don't understand how can you afford that" I asked "don't worry about that, so yes or no" he questioned "of course I will" I said really happy "great, we have to be there a 10:00" he said "okay, I'm glad we didn't leave the hotel yet" I said. I went inside the room and looked at the time it was 9:45. Right as I was walking into the bathroom I saw Sam leaving but I shrugged it off and took a shower.

~after the shower~

"Hey" Sam said "hi? What are you hiding behind your back" I asked "oh this?" he said and showed me a box "yes that" I said "that's what you have to find out" he said smiling "okay?" I said while opening the box "holy shit, it's beautiful" it was a gorgeous red dress and black heels. "Go put it on" he said "ok be right back". I put the dress and heels on and put on a pair of earrings that I already had.

(The dress, heels and earrings) ⬇️

"Holy shit, you look gorgeous" he said in awe

"Holy shit, you look gorgeous" he said in awe. "Thank you" I said blushing a little "shall we go" he said "yeah sure" I said. We arrived at the restaurant on time. The waitress came up to us and asked us what we wanted Sam ordered Chicken salad and a
water to drink and I ordered a steak Medium Rare and a lemonade to drink.

"Thank you for this Sam it means a lot to me, not trying to be mean or anything but I really deserve this" I said "You're welcome, I hope you are enjoying yourself" he said "I am" I replied.

As I was eating I kept glancing at Sam and it looked like he was in deep thought about about something. Shit did I say something wrong, dammit you always open up to much why do I do that.

"Hey Shelby, can I ask you something?" He asked "yeah, go ahead" I said a little nervous. "What did you mean when you said that you deserved this? Have you never had a nice dinner before?" He said "well... no not really" I said "wow, really!?" He said upset "wait, am I the first man or women to take you on a nice date" he added "yeah I suppose you are, oh and I appreciate the or women" I said "well you could be into women to which is fine by the way, and I'm glad I could be you first date" he said.

While we were eating we would stop to talk to each other about random things I was seriously enjoying this evening.

"Tell me about your father, what was he like, if that's okay" I asked him "well I'll do my best, because I didn't really know him, I felt like Dean knew him more" he said "well tell me what you know" I said "he was a very strict man went I came to.. well everything, he once told me that I couldn't go to college because I had to become a hunter, but one day I just snapped and left and as I was leaving he told me to never come back" he
said.

"is that it" I said "no" he told me "ok, you can continue if you want" I said "then Dean came to get me at Stanford and told me that dad had been home in a few days, and to be honest I didn't really care that much because of what he told me, but Dean insisted that I come with him, and there's so much more that I could say about him but I'm pretty sure you don't want to hear it" he said nervously "I do want to hear more, but if you don't want to talk about it right now then that's completely ok" I reassured him. "I really don't want to right now" he said "okay that's fine" I said.

For the remainder of the time we were eating and talking. About 15 minutes later we were both done and decided to head back to the hotel. Sam drove us back to the hotel. With what he told me I feel like I should also ask Dean for his perspective on their dad. But at the same time I don't know if I should.

When we got back to the hotel we saw Dean's car. We headed into the room, sam said that he was going to take a shower.

I knocked on the bathroom door "yeah" Sam said "I be right back ok" I said "where are you going" he asked me "I just need to tell Dean something" I said "Alright" he said. I went to Dean's room and knocked and I heard his footsteps coming to the door.

"What" he said tiredly "oh sorry did I wake you up" I asked him "no, not necessarily I was in the process of doing research, come in" he told me "what's wrong did something happen" he said "no I just need to ask you something" I said "oh, ok well go ahead" he replied.

"Okay, tell me about your father" I asked.

(Edit: Just thought I say that the part were the car wouldn't start that whole thing is probably wrong because I don't know anything about cars)