Chapter 9: After nap walks and lilies

When I wake up I see Remus is sleeping as well as Adala and Storm. I get off the couch to go make some eggs for  me, Remus and Adala, realizing it's around 12 now. Remus wakes up and smiles at me. “Afternoon little red, how are you feeling?“ He asks and I smile at him. 

“A lot better I was super tired.” I tell him bringing him the eggs. “It's not much but I made some eggs.” I tell him handing him the plate and a fork he gives me a thanks and I set Adalas plate on the table, grabbing mine and sitting next to Remus. We sit together in silence and eat our food in peace. After eating I take the plates back to the kitchen and wash them quickly before running and jumping on the couch next to Remus. "Moony?" I ask as my tail flicks around.

"Yes little Red?" He asks, looking at me with a smile.

"Can we go for a walk? I've got a lot of energy." I say starting to wiggle around.

“Sure why not? I know a field we can go to where no one will see if you change forms.” Remus says standing, waking storm who stretches. I wake Adala and she looks at me tiredly and I pick her up. 

“You can sleep dalia i'll carry you!” I say watching as she goes back to sleep. “Common Moony lets go!!” I say as he chuckles walking out the back door. I quickly follow him, Storm, not too far behind. He closes the door and we start the trek to the field. We start walking into the woods and I grin. As we walk i see flowers and decide to tell Moony about them. “Moony you know what type of flower this is I say pointing at the patch of Jasmine.

“No can't say I do.” he responds, walking over to me making me smile.

“They're Jasmine. They are good for healing, they can help heal stomach ulcers and can also help with digestive issues. If you drink a brew of tea spiked with jasmine in it, it can cure insomnia and help with body aches. “ I tell him and he smiles softly at me. “Wish i had a basket, so I could pick some to make tea.” I say and he grins at me.

“Not a problem, Little Red, I'll just conjure one up.” He says quickly conjuring one and handing it to me. I smile at him and take it, picking a handful and placing them in the basket. As we move on I see more flowers and smile.

“These are carnations! The petals are good for brewing with tea. They can help lower anxiety, stress and fatigue levels. You can also make a paste with the petals to help with skin problems like itching and swelling.” I tell him while picking some. 

“That's quite interesting Little Red.” He says watching me as I put them in the basket. We continue walking and he stops at another patch and I smile. “I know these are roses but are they used for?” He asks and I giggle. 

“Roses are a good source of vitamin C and have anti-inflammatory properties. They can help with blood circulation and are good for relieving joint pain.” I explain and grab a handful being mindful of the thorns. We walk farther and run up to a patch or orchids. 

“And these ones?” Remus asks. I look at him, getting excited that he wants to hear about what I know. 

“These are orchids! They can be used for improving eyesight and strengthening the immune system; they can also be used as a cure for sore throats, diarrhea and gum related issues.” I say grabbing some of them as well. Remus looks around and smiles pointing at another patch across the path. 

“Those ones?” He asks, walking over to them. I quickly followed, looking closely and smiling. 

“Lavender, if you make the petals into lavender oil, it can help with nervous tension and pain related problems. If you turn it into a skin tonic it can help in eliminating acne and some other skin related ailments” I explain and he nods, picking some and placing them in the basket. We move forward and he points to another flower. 

“These?” he asks and I grin. 

“This is foxglove, it's one of the wide-ranging constituents of herbal medicines which can provide solutions to cardiovascular related problems. Doctors use it to aid cardiac issues.” I explain as he helps me pick a small handful. We walk a bit farther and I stop, looking at a specific bunch of flowers. 

“What is it, Little Red?” Moony asks and I sigh. 

“Wolfsbane.” I explain walking over to it. “It can be used as a herbal remedy for nervous system ailments. If you make it into a paste it's good for pain relief and reducing inflammation. It could also be used as a sleep aid or sedative.” I say picking quite a bit and walking away from it with Moony who nods taking in all the information. Once we reach the field I see a bunch of lilies and gasp excitedly.

“Welcome to the Lily field, Little Red.” Moony says and I excitedly pick a lot and turn to remus.

“It's so pretty, you know, in ancient times lilies were used by the Greeks to treat heart related ailments and dropsy; a less technical term for edema which is swelling caused due to excess fluid accumulation in the body tissue. It can also be used to recover from poisonous gasses. If made into a paste it helps to reduce fevers and to get rid of intestinal parasites.” I explained placing the large bunch in the basket.

“How do you know all this kiddo?” Moony asks and I giggle.

“I like to read a lot, I have a lot of spare time.” I say before bounding out into the field shifting into my fox form and running around. Soon Storm joins me and we rough house with each other. Remus sits in the sun watching us with Adalia who is now in her human form. After hours of playing I walk back over to Moony in my human form yawning. “Can we go home now Moony?” I ask. He smiles and closes his book before standing.

“Alright, let's get home then.” He says grabbing the basket as Adalia sits in the flowers in fairy form once again. Storm tiredly flops on my shoulder as we head home. Once we arrive Remus makes F/F for dinner. After we eat I tell him goodnight and fall asleep on the couch with Adalia and Storm.

A/N: I finally posted 😃 let me know what you think🥰❤