Snow: Chapter One: Introductions

I remember feeling a lot of fur. My mother's fur is what I mainly felt. I also felt another cat's fur, a cat about the same size of me, and that cat seemed to be almost always around me. I also remember drinking a lot of milk.

I forgot! Introductions first! My name is Snow, and I live with my mother and sister. We aren't like the house cats that my mother sometimes speaks of, since we live outside, and mother hunts food.

I didn't open my eyes or was I able to hear anything until a few weeks later I came out of my mother's stomach. I don't recall much then, except maybe drinking milk, squirming around, and sleeping. That was the normal routine.

Then, something incredible happened: I opened my eyes and I could hear. It was like I was suddenly opened to another world I wasn't aware of. A world full of colors and scents that sent my mind whirling.

I crouched beside my mother at the moment, gazing around at the trees and the roofs of house- yes, houses were what my mother, Betty, called them.

I nosed my sister, Frost, who I understood was my sister and we were born together from my mother, a white cat.

Frost was white with blue eyes. She told me that I was white too, except I had greenish eyes, more like our father.

Mother was white with blue eyes. My father disappeared, or that is what Mother always told us. I believe that I did feel my father around maybe once or twice though, but it may have been one of Mother's friends.