[POKER CHIP] Yoongi POV Bonus

"Stewards, prepare for landing," the voice of the pilot filled the cabin as I carelessly looked away from my laptop, out of the small window on my left to see my city coming closer.

The sky was shining a brilliant red and orange while the last of the sun disappeared below the horizon.

"You headin' straight to Spades?" Dragging my eyes back to my second, I found him tilting his head inquisitively.

"Mm," I hummed my unamused confirmation, I would have preferred going home but an employee of mine had somethings to answer for.

"I can come with, y'know? I'll have the sitter stay with Tam a little longer," Tam, his Shiba Inu, someone excited to see him.

"It's fine Hoseok, you can go home," I shook my head, closing my laptop ready for a quick disembarkment.

"Well I'll be on call, you know that," he accepted my decision.

After twenty-two years, my closest companion surely knew how to read my mood and I was in no mood for any of this right now. Coming back after a month out of the country was tiring enough without having to question the decisions of my staff.

Maybe it was time to seriously rethink Dohyun's position. He'd been an ally for a long time but I wasn't above cutting dead weight that no longer served its purpose.

"Did you hear about his new girlfriend?" Hoseok spoke up over the rumble of the engines. That caught my interest, Dohyun hadn't had a girlfriend in a number of years.

"I did not," I stated calmly, veiling my surprise.

As the pilot made touchdown, I reached for the phone in my pocket, sending Dohyun a message that I'd like to see him thirty minutes ahead of schedule. It didn't matter if I was late, he just better have not been. And secondly, that he should bring his girlfriend along.

Silently, I passed the steward manning the door, lighting a cigarette from the carton in my trench coat pocket once I was on the tarmac. Faced with our respective vehicles, Hoseok clapped his hand against my shoulder.

"Try relax after this, yeah? Tell Jimin to make you a good hot meal," he insisted, and my eyes rolled as my cheeks hollowed; smoke filling my lungs.

"I'm fine Hoseok—"

"I know, but a reminder never hurts. I'll catch you soon," he nodded once at me, and I returned the gesture before he left my side.

Once his obnoxiously fluorescent green Ferrari came to life, he revved the engine. An amused smirk took hold of my features while I smoked, watching him pull a donut before screeching off with burning rubber towards the exit.

With Hoseok gone, I had no reason to stick around, so I took one last draw from my cigarette before discarding the majority of it to the ground. Jin had been patiently waiting beside the door of my Bentley long enough.

"Good evening sir," he bowed once I approached, opening the door when he stood upright again.

"Evening Jin, take us straight to Tres Spades, I moved my meeting up thirty minutes," I instructed before ducking into the back seats.

"Right away sir," he accepted immediately, closing the door behind me before hurrying into the drivers seat.

While he drove I opened the laptop again. After logging in, I navigated to Hoseok's program, on which I was able to view my employee's tracked devices. The new number that had been added around a month ago, according to the program, was unrecognizable to me but that hardly mattered.

I copied the number and sent it to Hoseok so he could search it for me.

Hoseok: If you wanted to know her name you could've just asked.
[Link]
[7:58pm]