Chapter 2

The room was silent when I got in, and everyone went to their seats, including Deidara who escorted me here. I shrugged it off and walked to my seat, our seating pattern is always circular, but never arranged, so I waited for a bit until everyone was enjoying their pick and to sit on wherever the last seat is located.

Unfortunately, I ended up between the guy who is always in a lot of piercings and the puppet master, they don't talk much, but you can feel intensity whenever you are around them.

The shark boy started it off, he really loved starting meetings whenever it goes he would always have a satisfied look on his face, much like pride or some sort, but then, when the meeting went on about how they are going to hunt all of the nine-tailed beasts, I suddenly stopped to catch a glimpse at Hidan from the other side of the table, eyeing my in worry, or was it a deadly glare? I couldn't focus since this was a no part of my mission.

They were still talking about their plans, not mine, it was affecting me in any way, but everything came back to me as the guy with the white hair, even though I know his name is Hidan, I still won't refer to many people with their names, I don't feel that I have the privileges to, but Hidan said something from the other side of the table.

I couldn't really made out the words, most meetings are just loud until they get to the important part which is usually half an hour afterwards.

I suddenly felt Sasori hit my shoulder signaling me to respond to Hidan, but instead I just looked at Hidan in an expressionless face.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked, and suddenly the whole table looked up at me.

"You have a mission that we think you are not capable of doing right." Deidara said, "But, this little thing can be fixed with a slight reset."

Resets are the worst, but I can't complain, it's the one thing I feel like I shouldn't do.

Suddenly, a stack of files are directed towards me, but before I could grab them, Pein, the guy with the piercings hold it away from me.

"This is your last mission, do this correctly and freedom is yours." He stated in a cold tone before setting them in front of me.

I looked at the brown file, no writtings, no nothing, but as I opened it, there was no name, no description, just blank. But there was something written in the job section, it was written,

Kazekage.

My mission detail is just to simply paralyze him enough to make him unconscious but if I have to kill him, then that would be necessary.

Eliminate target at most important case.

High alert: Target manipulative and stronger than most shinobi.

I didn't read it completely because there were no other things written in there, so I looked up, "How am I supposed to find this Kazekage person?"

Sasori gave me a small box, "Wear this, and you will know who is the target."

I opened it to know it was a mask, a Tobi-like mask, but it covers my whole face in the same shade as my skin, if i wear it, it would look like I simply have no eyes nor mouth, etc. I shook my head, "How will this help?"

Sasori chuckled, "Put it on."

Without a doubt I put it on, but all I could see is the people sitting around me, the exact view that I saw without the mask.

And suddenly, something was off, Hidan's figure was turned black, I couldn't see his face or any other figure parts of him, just simply, a black figure with his chakra surrounding him.

"Why this?" I asked.

"We set Hidan up as an example, we will do the same when you see the Kazekage, you will know, and you will be alerted to paralyze." Sasori said and then Hidan's figure turned back to his original one.

He offered me a small smile before I put off the mask, setting it in front of me, "Let me guess, is it Suna?"

Deidara paused, "Yes, and this time you are not going alone, we will follow you and you won't even feel we are there."

"Why? Don't you believe I could pull this off?" I said fumbling with the mask a bit, since something about this scares me.

"Just for emergencies." He said shortly.

I nodded and looked around, everyone else was quiet, waiting for me to say something.

"So, does this Kazekage have a weakness?" I asked, my eyes and ears are open like a wolf hunting down it's prey.

Hidan smirked and leaned his elbows on the table, "Yes, he does."

I raised an eyebrow at him, waiting for him to continue.

"Love."