7. Just think of him as your sugar daddy

"Nakul!! Your appointment is due" The nurse notified Nakul, as her eyes wavered and checked out an unknown man sitting beside their usual patient. It wasn't the alpha. It was his loyal underling Rajat. Despite Dhiraj wanting to come, Rajat advised him otherwise. Instead, he himself volunteered to accompany Nakul to the hospital.

Nakul made his way to the doctor's cabin and Rajat followed. Along with him, the duo was followed by the 2 bodyguards, Dhiraj insisted to take with them. Nakul was already super annoyed with Rajat coming with him. He had planned to go to the hospital alone. But now this man was stuck to him.

"Why are you coming in? I'll manage." A feral Nakul hissed.

Rajat didn't want to be there either. It was only because had he not been with Nakul, his boss would've. And that might unnecessarily complicate things. He was annoyed too that he had to babysit Nakul, but he maintained his calm. "I'm just going to meet the doctor."

Ignoring Nakul's stabbing eyes, he entered the cabin. Dr. Naina was visibly surprised by the 2 goon-like looking guys and a high-level employee looking guy accompanying Nakul. "I.....thought you were gonna come alone."

Nakul rolled his eyes, "Yeah. That was the plan", he remarked as he got seated.

Rajat caught on to the suspicion in the doctor's eyes. He must make a good first impression. And soon he unleashed his charms.

"Hello Dr. Naina. I am Rajat. I'm the secretary of Mr Dhiraj Raghuvanshi, the president of "__________" construction. I'm sure you must be surprised at our sudden arrival with Mr. Shrivastav, but it is only because Mr. President wants to take utmost care of his precious mate." Rajat gave Naina some idea of the background elements.

Mate....?! My foot. I bet he just wants to taste my ass. Nakul concluded, conditioned with thinking that all alphas are douchebags. But then he suddenly remembered the soft whispers of that man yesterday. And those words..."I love you..." A flush of red instantly appeared on his face. He shaked his face and focused his attention on the current events.

His eyes met Naina's and he could see the enormous amount of questions she had for him from her eyes.

"I just dropped by to let you know about the situation. Mr. Shrivastav will fill you in with the details." Rajat pressed on his polite smile on his lips and turned to leave. He signaled the 2 bodyguards to leave with him, leaving behind Nakul alone with Naina.

Now that there was no one, Naina shot all of her questions, "WHAT? HOW? WHEN?......JUST...JUST HOW?" Although Nakul might be her patient, she considered him as her younger brother. It was only natural for a sister to be concerned about her brother.

"I...."Nakul knew he couldn't give Naina all the exact details of how he met the alpha. But he was exhausted with shouldering all the burden. So with some minor changes, he told Naina about Dhiraj. "I.......I lied....at my workplace that I'm a beta. But then one day....that guy just showed up and my...."Nakul recalled the thirst his body felt for Dhiraj, "heat broke out. So he brought me to his place. And now he keeps telling me that I'm his mate..."

Naina listened to him patiently. She could sense Nakul wasn't happy with those developments so she decided to dive deeper. "So.....you think that's not the case? Are you not happy?"

With how life had screwed him over multiple times, Nakul was simply too baffled and confused by the turn of events. He didn't know what he should do? Who he should trust? All he was left with was himself. And he couldn't risk giving himself to anyone else. It was only him, who could protect himself.

Naina understood Nakul's dilemma. His eyes said it all.

"I don't know. I don't....believe in this mates shit. What if it's just a way for him to chain me down to him?" Nakul voiced his confusion.