⤷ iii. are you honest?

not a one tree hill fanfic without a comet, or a high school party where something inevitably goes wrong.

✧*̥˚ chapter three: are you honest? *̥˚✧

Huddled up together in the locker room, the boys were dressed and amped up for the game. Parker had been going over plays and giving the boys a pep-talk as Coach also gave a few words and advice about the game.

Parker let his eyes wander to Jamie, who was visibly nervous, to which he passed him a reassuring smile, "I know you've never been shooting guard before but James, you got this, alright? Holler at me, Rafe or Coach if you have any problems." Jamie nodded at him. Parker continued to look at the team, "Alright, Ravens, let's get out there and show 'em what we got."

Their introduction went perfectly well, all the boys ran onto court and into their positions, whereas the other team prepared themselves too.

Parker glanced toward the audience, looking to see if Jennifer was there. He passed his gaze from the cheerleaders, looking for Savannah first, and then when he caught her waving into a particular section in the audience, he followed the direction and finally found her.

Blonde beautiful hair cascaded down her shoulders, a slight blue stripe painted on her cheeks that the cheerleaders had also sported in support of the team. Parker couldn't keep his eyes off her, admiring her from where he was. She didn't notice him, she didn't need to in order to make him want to impress her. Just her being there, gave him the motivation to do the best he could.

On the sidelines of the court, a pair of green eyes watched Parker's lovestruck expression and followed his gaze toward the new girl, a sense of confusion coming over her. But Evelyn shoved it down as she lifted up her camera and captured Parker in a quick picture. Parker followed the flashing light to her and passed her a small polite wave before he realized that the game was going to start.

The gymnasium buzzed with excitement as everyone eagerly watched as the game begun. Parker took centre stage, his determined expression showing that he was ready for this. Weeks of training to get back onto his feet after taking the backseat since his sophomore year, was enough for him. Or at least he hoped it was. He shared a knowing look with Jamie, who passed him a smile and a confident wink, telling him that they were ready for this.

Standing tall beside Parker, was Andre who was mostly known for his impressive dunks, and also Charlie, the versatile small forward. Then Parker glanced at Marcus, who happened to be the best power forward that the team has ever had. Parker knew, just by looking at them and seeing how ready that they were, that they were going to do this, and they were going to end the game with the best score that they could.

Parker tightly gripped the ball when he got it, fully focused on winning. The Panthers, tough opponents as they always were, put up a good fight but the game turned into a fierce competition, with Jamie sinking a three-pointer and Andre blocking shots like it was easy. The Raven's were ahead on the points very quickly but the Panther's refused to back down. They were equally as impressive in their skills.