⤷ vii. love is embarrassing.

omg after that guts album came out, oh my gosh.

changed the title, it was originally a taylor swift reference but... i feel like this fits better.

✧*̥˚ chapter seven: love is embarrassing

✧*̥˚ chapter seven: love is embarrassing. *̥˚✧

Every year, or since Jamie had been in Tree Hill High, the Scott's continued the tradition of hosting an appreciation party for the basketball team at Tree Hill High School, the same as some parents of the other players on the team. All the players, as well as their families were invited with the additions of friends as well as extended families for some.

Parker had been the only player invited that hadn't come with his family.

He found himself seated at the kids' table, flanked by Jamie and Lily, both of whom seemed to be stuck with the same fate. He didn't mind it much, knowing a couple of the kids at the table, including Evelyn's younger brothers, Jude and Davis. However, they were engrossed in a rapid-fire conversation with another child, leaving Parker without much to say.

It was when Parker decided he'd just talk to Lily and Jamie instead when the both of them were called to help Haley with serving food.

     "I can help...too." He offered but Haley didn't hear as she walked away and Jamie and Lily had followed her, leaving him to be the only near-adult at the table.

Just as he came to the conclusion that perhaps it was for the best that he stayed, to keep an careful eye on the kids seeing as he was the oldest there, his gaze wandered across the room and fell upon Jennifer.

She looked stunning in a black dress, her blonde hair styled to perfection. Parker's breath caught in his throat at the sight of her and he felt his brain turn to mush. But then when he noticed that she was beginning to look his way, he quickly averted his eyes, pretending to be interested in the kids conversations at the table.

He observed their conversation, which revolved around video games like Minecraft—topics that Parker, at seventeen, couldn't contribute much to. Amid the chatter, he noticed a girl sitting quietly beside Jamie's empty chair. She appeared to be the oldest among the kids, around twelve years old, and she had been studying Parker intently.

     "You look like my dad," she suddenly remarked, her eyes narrowing slightly as she assessed his features.

With a chuckle, Parker inquisited curiously with a charming smile, "Oh yeah? Who's the lucky guy?"

     "He couldn't make it because he's working, but he's pretty famous," she replied matter-of-factly. Parker instantly knew who her father was. Jamie had mentioned earlier that his dad wouldn't be home until later due to work commitments, and Parker was aware that Jamie had a little sister.

He smiled, "Oh, you're um, Jamie's superstar little sister Lydia, right?" He watched as her eyes lightened up, happy to know her brother had spoken good about her.