chapter 3

When we get into Tom's car, he puts on the seatbelt for me and even closes the door for me. He has such manners. He gets in on the otherside and begins to drive.
"So where are we going Tom?"
I ask him, curious as to where I'll end up throwing my food up tonight. My eating disorder got out of hand for a month or so back, it was terrible.

I'm a little better now though, I can keep things down without feeling disgusting. He looks over to me, and smiles a stupid inlove smile.
"You'll see."
I roll my eyes playfully and look back out the window. His hand lays on my thigh, rubbing it back and forth. I snile a bit to myself, I see Tom look over to me occasionally in the reflection of the window. When we arrive at a place, it was packed full of people.

Expensive cars everywhere and fancy people in fancy clothes in the window. I begin to wonder if I'm dressed improperly.
"Tom do I look okay for this place? It looks expensive."
I give him an insecure look. He gives me a reassuring smile.
"Yes Maria, you look beautiful."
I think about his words. Maybe he's right, I do overthink things a bit. He interlocks his fingers with mine as we walk up into the building.

A couple in front of us held the door for us as we came in.
"Thank you sir."
Tom bows slightly to the man. I was shocked, Tom Kaulitz saying 'sir'?
We walk to a small stand.
"Welcome, how many tonight?"
Tom looks him in the eyes, smiling politely.

"Only two tonight Gio."
This man smiles as if they know each other.
"This way old friend."
He grabs us two menus and walks us to a private booth in the corner. It was away from the dinner crowd, and the lights were somewhat dim. He sets our menus down, bowing before leaving us alone.

Tom sits in his seat, across from me. He sits there a moment, smiling softly. He just stares at me with this flirtatious look in his eyes. I begin to get a bit nervous.
"What?"
I ask, smiling back. He chuckles a little.
"Nothing. You just look so gorgeous tonight."
I let a stupid smile creep onto my face.
"Thank you. You look handsome tonight yourself."
I say, returning the flirt he passed to me. He smirks.

"Thank you beautiful."
He says before picking up his menu, letting it block his face. I do the same, smiling like a kid behind mine. I finally decide on Rouladen. I set my menu down, flickering my eyes up at Tom. He's already looking at me. I take a sip of the preset out water at our table. I see him in my side vision, he's just watching me. I glance over at him. I swallow my drink of water and joke with him.

"Eye's stuck on the beauty or something?"
He snickers.
"Maybe."
I smile, keeping our eye contact. He's good at this game. The waitress breaks our streak.
"What will we be having tonight?"
She asks, eyeing Tom pretty good which pissed me off. We order our food and the waiter takes our menus from us.

"So, where will we be going after dinner?"
Tom asks me, I was confused.
"What do you mean?"
He smiles flirtatiously.
"Who's place?"
My eyes widen, I oddly struggle to answer.

He chuckles.
"Alright then, my place it is."
He says, I thought it was pretty cool. The Tom Kaulitz is letting me into his house. Won't Bill be there? I can say hello to him again I suppose. We continue on talking about different things and making jokes. I found out that his favorite color is blue, his favorite ice cream is lemon, and he likes cars. He does have a ton of hats and guitars as well. It would be cool if he showed them to me, so I ask.

"Hey Tom?"
He looks at me, listening hard. He makes me nervous but I continue.
"Can I see your hat and guitar collections?"
His focus lifts and his smile finds its way back.
"Yes of course."
This has got to be all a dream. Before I can say anything, the server comes with our food.

"Is there anything else you may need tonight?"
The server asks, Tom and I shake our heads and she leaves. I watch him as she walks away, judgment is in his eyes. I know I may be reaching out a bit but it seems like Tom only has interest in me. That's stupid, no way. We begin to get into our food, not really talking.