Training and pep talk

Princess Peach leads Mario and Delilah to the balcony where it floats over to a middle of a lake, where a giant ? block appears, and as it opens, the Training Course appears, filled with many replicas of items appearing in the game. Delilah take interest in this.

PEACH: If you can finish this, you're coming with me. Watch and learn. (goes through the Training Course without any issue)

MARIO: That was amazing. Wait... How-how am I supposed to do that?

PEACH: With the power-ups. They give us special abilities.

[Peach hits a ? Block with a Super Mushroom inside. It lands on Mario's hands]

MARIO: Ugh! Really?

Delilah starts to giggle.

PEACH: Go on. Eat it.

MARIO: Ugh... (brings the mushroom up to his mouth trying to eat it.) Now does this has to be a mushroom? 'Cause I just...hate mushrooms, and... (Peach glares at Mario.) Okay, okay. (determined grunt; Mario again brings the mushroom up to his mouth.) Are you sure there's not like a--

PEACH: (grabs the Super Mushroom and force-feeds Mario) Down the hatch! Yup, there it is and all gone!

MARIO: (gags, huffs) Oh, not cool! Uh... (Mario's body begins to shimmer) Huh? (Mario's hand suddenly grows large and hits him in the nose) Oh! (Mario's feet grow as well) Whoa! (The rest of Mario's body grows, retaining his proportions but now standing as tall as Peach.)

MARIO: Whoa! I'm tall!

Delilah: no way!

She eats hers and gets a little taller than Mario.

PEACH: And strong. (Mario jumps and breaks a Brick Block) And you can jump.

MARIO: (chuckles) Oh, I got this. No problem! (runs onto the Training Course and jumps) Woo-hoo! (Suddenly, he falls, crashing into multiple brick platforms and landing in the water. A Warp Pipe pulls him back to the platform.)

Delilah: ouch! 😬

PEACH: Oh, yeah... When you get hit, you...lose the power. (hits the ? Block again, producing another Super Mushroom. Delilah takes a shot. Makes it about halfway and falls too. She shows more potential than Mario which surprises him.

Mario: how did you do that? Wait, where did you learn that?

Delilah: I've been uh... training. I also know ninjitsu.

Mario looks at her dumbfounded.

Mario: and you didn't tell us why?

Delilah: hey I only did it for excersize, I didn't think I'd actually do it. Also my dad kind of inspired me to do that.

Mario: oh. I guess so. Anyways. Great. (With a sigh, Mario eats the Super Mushroom and becomes big again)

PEACH: Come on. Try again. You Delilah are coming with me.

["Holding Out for a Hero" plays as Mario makes multiple attempts to make it through the course, the last being the most successful but ultimately ending in failure.]

Meanwhile peach shows Delilah a wall of great battle heroes. One being Delilah's father.

Delilah: is that...

Peach: Sir Henry Colton. One of the greatest warriors in the Mushroom kingdom.

Delilah starts to tear up a bit seeing that her dad was protecting her identity.

Delilah: all this time, i thought he was in Vietnam.

Peach: no. But he'd be proud of the warrior you've become.

Peach shows Delilah a room were an outfit awaits her.

Peach: your father hoped that one day you would wear this.

Delilah a little hesitant, puts on the outfit.

The two walk back to the course to see that Mario had almost completed the course but got eaten by a piranha plant

PEACH: Well... We have a long journey ahead of us, moustache.

MARIO: But I didn't make it.

PEACH: You almost did! No one gets it right away.

MARIO: How many tries did it take you?

PEACH: Oh! (chuckles) So many. I was not good at it. Worse than you. (grin)

MARIO: (not buying it) You got it right away, didn't you?

PEACH: I got it right away, but I grew up here.

MARIO: Okay, now you're just trying to make me feel better.

PEACH: No! No... Is it working?

MARIO: A little bit, yeah.

Delilah looks about the kingdom, taking a deep breath, Mario holds her hand in comfort.

Mario: Don't worry. We'll find Luigi.

Peach: and possibly your father.

Delilah hugs them both.

Delilah: thanks guys.