O6 : manga !? ; shidou ryusei

shidou ryusei x fem!reader
words : 822
context : manga shop encounter

It was a regular day; you were working as usual in your part-time job in a small book shop. Though it wasn't too busy today, you were rearranging books as your eyes watched people go in and out to read or borrow books. Until a unique blonde-haired man caught your eye. He was tan, and his hair was quite eye-catching— spiky blonde hair with fading pink tips.

You tried to shake your head to get out of your thoughts and continue on rearranging the books, but you couldn't help it. He was gorgeous. A little peek wouldnt hurt, wouldn't it? And so, your eyes continued to follow him, but unfortunately, sooner or later you'd lost him. You sighed and moved your focus to the books.

"did i get your attention pretty?" someone spoke on the other side of the shelf. You shook your head and ignored it, "c'mon, I saw you staring, stare at me more, won't you?" curiously, you lifted the book that was in between both of you, hoping it wasn't that blonde man you were staring at, but unfortunately, it was. There he stood with a cocky smile on his face.

"you just seemed unique, that's all," you said, trying to keep your cool, putting the book back, and walking away. But there he was again, blocking your path. "oh? so you're interested in me?" he teased. "what?? no! not in that way," you said and huffed, trying to walk away from him once more. "it's okay miss, i appreciate the staring." hearing that, you sent him a glare. "need help with that?" he said looking at the books you were carrying while following you, "thanks, but no need." you rejected him.

He eventually left you alone so you thought it was over, but the moment you sat down to relax a familiar voice chimed in "you like chainsaw man?" slurping noises could be heard as he slurped on his drink while noticing the manga your reading. "yeah, i guess so, its quite entertaining," you looked at him surprised he knew about it. "seriously? then who's your favorite?" his voiced seemed more giddy all of a sudden. "maybe Angel devil, but i like Asa as well." you replied earning a smile from him. "ah? that so? try guessing mine." he said with his signature grin, "Denji?" sighing as you spoke. "oh would you look at that! you're right!" and with that he slid a note into the page you were currently in. "a small reward. well i'll have to go now, cya next time miss~" he waved you a goodbye and left. It was a note with is name and number. Shidou Ryusei, +81 xxxxx xxxxx.

A few days went by and he'd frequently come just to see you. Having small chats with you, reading with you, bugging you when you're working. You weren't complaining though, because soon enough you started opening up more to him. You even started hanging out with him after work or on days you're off.

As usual, Shidou waited for you to finish your shift so you two could hang out. "miss, could you scold the time to make it go faster?" he groaned saying, "time, please go faster." you replied and turned your head to check the time "oh look! a minute passed, congrats Shidou" you said as you snorted, his face looking at you unamused. "at least read something with me, my arms miss you." he watched as your expression change into an embarrassed one, yeah sure you sometimes read manga while you're sitting together and his arms are wrapped around you. It was normal for friends wasn't it ..?! "whatever.. my shift is ending anyway, i'll ask if i could go earlier."

Thankfully your manager let you leave early since the book shop wasn't too busy today. "let's go for a inconvenience store run." he chirped, and you couldn't help but agree because you were quite hungry too. "okay but, whoever gets there last pays—!" and with that you dashed off giving yourself a head start. "hey! that's cheating..?!" he yelled, chasing after you. "i didn't say you couldn't cheat loser, get your wallet readyy!" you laughed. Sooner or later you both made it, you reached there first obviously. "ha! i won! you're paying!!" you said dragging him into the store as he grumbled. You both bought a few snacks and a sushi pack to share, aswell as 2 different flavored slurpees.

You both were enjoying the food in peace until he nudged you, "can i try your slurpee?" he spoke. "nuh uh, you have your own." you said which earned a scoff from Shidou. "c'mon don't be like that, i paid for the snacks and drinks!" he spoke again while feinting a whine. You sighed and passed your slurpee over to him, "no.. not that way miss. i mean, don't you wanna see our tongues change colour together?" 

—— fin.

⟢﹒₊°。﹒

ꜜꜜ﹒author notes
writer block hit me hard dudes TT
IM OUT OF IDEAS HELP
alsooooo i'm starting school too so 😞